Chapter 6

I was in the library when I was approached by Izuku, he sat in front of me and I was...uncomfortable.

It was quiet like a library should be, no one was whispering to each other. All that could be heard were pages being flipped. I felt someone staring at me and it made me uneasy. I looked at Izuku, who was the culprit and our eyes clashed, his green eyes and my red eyes.

"I-Izuku is there anything I can help you with?" I asked

"No, just continue to work." He said

I placed my book aside and looked at him, my fingers laced together.

"I know I am not supposed to be in anyone's business, yours especially, but I have to ask are you and Shoto going to ever be back friends?" I asked

"I understand everyone wants to know that, and when I mean everyone...everyone. I have tolerated Shoto's insolent behaviour for long as I can remember, we were friends in middle school and our friendship lasted until high school. We have been through a lot together and when I mean a lot, it is a lot. There is so much forgiveness in our friendship that some don't realize. People will always choose Shoto over me because he is more good-looking than I am, they don't want to hear that sad truth that the person they're crushing over is a bastard.

He is the description of those spoilt kids. I considered him my best friend, but he doesn't. I am a second choice to him, he comes to me when he needs something or when he wants someone to listen to his rants. He hurts people and I've gotten enough. You must have probably taken his side as well." Izuku answered

"No..."

"Well, it was nice meeting you." Izuku said before walking away

I watched as his figure disappeared and it was silent once more.

"I didn't choose him." I said to myself

Why didn't those words slip from my tongue? Why could I tell you the answer you wanted to hear? and more importantly, why did you look sad?

I left the library after completing what I went there for. I saw Shoto in the hallway looMidoriya happy as ever. Did it not faze him, his friendship with Izuku?

It was true what Izuku said, he was the second choice when it comes to Shoto. I feel bad for him, I hope the two can reconcile.

I reached my classroom and saw no one was in there only a girl sitting on the teacher's table just from her badge, I knew she was a senior.

"Ummm excuse me, can I help you?" I asked

"Yes, you can surely help me, baby bro." She answered