Chapter 3: Reunited

Your POV

I got Luna from the rotator, and I made my way outside to meet our driver. I headed to the door and spotted someone with black, reddish trim, and golden highlights as bangs. He was looking down at his phone having his back turned to a truck.

"Atem?" I shouted. I ran to him putting luna and my stuff down to embrace a hug from him. "What are you doing here? I thought you sent a driver to pick me up?" I held tightly.

I let go of him, "Ahah 😅 I wanted to surprise you and Luna, so I took the next two days off. How was your flight?" He asked.

I giggled at his statement. I felt my cheeks turning rosy, so I said "my flight was fine, but I mostly slept through most of it which was nice. However, I'm happier to be on solid ground."

"I know, I remembered how much you hated flying. Ahah come on I'll get your bags and we can start heading out to the house." He said.

"I can't wait to see your home!" Telling him sounding excited. Atem took my travel bag, while I carried Luna in her cage to put in the back seat. He put my stuff behind his seat that way it would be easier to know my stuff was safe. We went inside the truck and drove off to his house.

On the way to the house it was silent and I mean that there was a really awkward silence between us. We haven't spoken in so long since I stayed in San Francisco to work at the Egyptian museum. Someone told me he was upset that he didn't ask me to go with him to Japan. If he did, it would mean given up my career and he knew how much that meant to me. We tried to keep in touch but when I started my job at the museum and him starting his new company, we started to drift away from each other. I sat in the car trying to think how to break the awkward silence.

Atem POV

We were sitting in my truck heading towards my house, but there was a silence that neither of us broke. I know we hadn't spoken in a while but it didn't mean I didn't care for (y/n). She was the only person in college that treated me like a human being. She was worth being in around in college and actually knew how to have fun. She was there when I needed her the most, when I didn't have true friends, when my dates went horribly wrong. After we were assigned as partners for our mid semester project, we became great friends. I was heartbroken when I heard her crying on the phone, I wanted to comfort her so bad. She deserves the world and I won't let anyone take that away from her. I was glad we became project partners, but speaking of projects, I can't wait to show her what I discovered!

As I was in my deep thoughts 💭 (y/n) finally broke the silence first.

"Hey Atem, your truck is really nice." She said. "how much did it cost?"

"Thanks (y/n), and I bought it at $50,000" I told her.

"50K!!!" she was shocked

"haha, it pays to have your own company". I said laughing

"So, this is what it looks when you're the king of games right?" She giggled.

"Haha no, this is what hard work looks like. Plus, I've been busy running my business well enough that were so close going global." I told her.

"How is your gaming business going? I know it expended all the way to SF area, It's really gotten popular!" She said.

"Hah well (y/n), it's great! I never really thought this business would take off so quickly that even KibaCorp is willing to become business partners. I also have Joey being my tester in products we developed so he's having a blast. And I also have a few other people working for me as well."

She tilts her head, "I remember you telling me that Joey want to be something else?"

"He wanted to be the greatest dueler in the world but we both know that's going to take a little while. So, I offered him a job in the meantime."