Chapter 10: Dreaming

No One POV

"My king, your birthday is upcoming up. What would you like to do?" said an unknown male voice.

The young king was sitting at his throne, "I'm not sure cousin. I'm not in the mood of parties." He signs, "It's just another reason for everyone to get drunk."

Another one of the king's men jumps in as well, "But sire, it is the important celebrate you on your day of birth. Plus i think its time that you find your queen."

The first unknown male said, "It's not just a queen he needs, it's an heir! The queen is merely for just the king pleasure. She will have no power." he says in harsh tone.

"Seto! Don't be so disrespectful to the future queen title." Said a young women yelling, "She will have power over you!"

"Silence!" The pharaoh had grown irritated, " I am not in the mood for this nonsense. If you all wish to celebrate my birthday then go ahead and prepare for it. I won't be picking a bride at my own birthday. Most women here only want power and be greedy to my people. I do fine working alone."

An older gentleman spoke in agreeing with the king, "I agree with the pharaoh, just not the alone part. How about we focus on celebrating his annual ruling of the throne instead? Maybe then my king, would take interest in meeting at least the women who attend. That are of royal blood or high rank nobles?"

The pharaoh doesn't disagree, "Fine, if you need me. I'll be in my chambers going over my scrolls."

*Dream Scene change*

"My king! Please you must get ready. People are arriving for your celebration." one of the pharaoh's court men spoke outside of the corridors.

"Calm down Muhad. I'm enjoying my view at the moment." he speaks out from his balcony, but at this point Mahad endures his chambers.

Mahad stands next to the pharaoh, "The girl, sire?" he says looking down at the ground, "I see you taken an interest in her?"

"Yes." the pharaoh says.

Muhad turns his head to the pharaoh, "How do you feel about her Atem?"

He sighs, "I've spent time with her the last ra days, and it has made me realize that I need someone like her to stand by my side." H e walks back inside to his chambers, "She made me feel something that i've never felt before."

"Does this mean you will court her, your majesty?" Mahad follows

The pharaoh, grabs a couple of his scrolls and heads to out of his door but before he could actually leave. He faces his noble friend, "She's not someone who should be treated the way seto describes, but I want treat her like the princess and hopefully a queen like she is. I've fallen for her and it was unexpected. I'll court her, but in the right way."

"She will make a fine queen, my pharaoh. Your father would be so proud." they both head out the door.

*Dream scene change*

"Princess Tiye (this is your Egyptian name), may I have the honor to dance with you?" The pharaoh, sticks his hand out to the princess he admires.

Tiye grabs his hand and follows the pharaoh to the dance floor, "Of course, my king." as they got to the center of the dance floor she spoke again, "However, I don't know too dance." she looks down with sadness on her.

The pharaoh lift up her head, "Do not worry, just follow my lead." he kisses her hand.

Tiye face blush, "Pharaoh, people are staring." the music begins and they start to dance, "Your people are are staring at you my king." she smiles at him.