Chapter 11: Work Day

"How am I supposed to live without him? I can't do it alone..."

Y/N POV

Tears flow down my face like a river that flows through the mountains. My heart broke for the queen, as her husband was slowing dying. All they told her was to stay with her children, but knowing the history she was never the one to stay behind. However, No child should be without both parents in their lives. So, I would understand the pharaoh and his court reason for leaving his wife behind to go into battle. He must have snuck out while she was busy with the babies. I wiped the tears off my face and walked to the balcony, the city was beautiful in the early morning. For Atem to buy this house, it sure does feel like a king is watching over his city.  "Luna?" she walks out as she heard her name.

*meow?* 🫤

I look at my necklace as it started to glow a little bit. "If only i knew what this means." i look at her, "and if only you could talk, too."

"In time my young friend." Luna said to her thoughts. "I'm helping as much as I can."

*knock knock*

"Yes?!" I shouted from the balcony.

"(Y/N) are you ready? We need to leave in 10 minutes." Atem shouted from the closed doors.

"Oh shit!" i said to luna, "Luna, why didn't you tell me to get ready?!"

"Meow???" o.O?

"(Y/n)??" Atem said with a worried voice, "Are you okay?"

"I'm coming Atem! I'll meet you downstairs in 5 minutes!" i shouted running to the door, "i'm almost done getting ready!" i quickly went to my closet to find an outfit.

"I'll be downstairs with the others." he shouted but before he left, "(y/n)?"

i walked to the door, our voices were almost silent. I slightly open the door, "yes atem?" he was silent. for second I thought he left.

"Uh, nevermind. Sorry, i'll meet you downstairs with the others. We'll be at the table eating a light breakfast. I want to head in early so you can settle in."

"I'll be quick." I shut the door and quickly put on a pair of black skirt with my beige blouse and put a pair of heels on.  I'm only (Y/H) compare to atem who is 5 inches taller than I am even with heels on. I grab my black bag and sweater, opened my door, and ran down the hall. "Sorry luna, you can't come this time." i said to her running down the stairs, but she still ran beside me going downstairs. "Okay everyone, I'm ready! Let's get going!"

Atem looks up at me with a hint of rosy color on his face. "Trying to impress the boss on the first day?" He said.

"Because if you are, then considered impressed." Shaw said.

Yugi smiled, "I know what's on his mind." atem, hit yugi on the arm. "OUCH!" yugi walked to the couch. "Ash.."

"you look amazing girl!" Ashely ran to yugi, "i'll go get you ice yugi. be right back." She went in the kitchen to get ice and along came one of the other housekeepers attending yugi.

"Thank you Ashely and no i'm not trying to impress the boss." i walked over to atem, "Atem, you didn't need to hit yugi. it was just a joke." 

"it's a bruise!"  joey shouted. "Ya look good (y/n)!"

He looks over at yugi, "Sorry yugi."

"It's okay..." yugi said in a hurtful tone, but whispered "asshole.."

Atem turns to me, "Anyway, you do look amazing today." He smiles.

"Thank you." I blushed at his words.