Chapter 13: The kiss

ATEM POV

I caught up to the guys after I saw Ashley and (y/n) in the Culture for Occasions Shop, but why did (y/n) mention I'd get hurt and who were they talking too in the store. I can always ask her when I see her at home. I just hope she doesn't come up with an excuse for not wanting to tell me. If I know her well enough, she's probably thinking of a plan of not telling me. "Hey, Atem your back!" Yugi shouts over the loud noises of people playing the arcade game.

Joey spoke with a toy gun in his hand, "Yeah dude where did you go? You were just about to miss Shaw and I beat this zombie game."

"Joey! I need help!" Joey then turns to help Shaw out defeat their second level boss.

I cross my arms, "If you must know, I ran into the girl. They're at the Culture shop getting outfits for the festival. You guys should go and get something too."

"what? I'm not wearing no dress!" Shaw yelled out.

Yugi laughed, "Shaw there is a men section too. it's not just for women and I think it would be a great idea to be part of the festival in some way. don't you think joey?"

"whatevr u say Yug...take this yu no good beast!' Joey wasn't paying attention to yugi but the last time he dressed up, the shop gave him an embarrassing outfit.

"Hey! that's not funny atem!" Shaw looks at me with anger.

"Shaw you lost another life!" joey yelled out.

"Aww, man! you see what you made me do! you owe me a token for losing a life."

I laughed, "hahaha, it was worth it but I am joking Shaw. I'll let Mahad know to make us all an outfit for the festival."

"But brother, how long is the festival? did they tell you?" Yugi turned to face me, ignoring the other guys.

I looked at him, "well Yugi, it's supposed to be a three-day event."

"Three days?" Yugi repeated. "wow, they must really admire their kings."

"Yes, it's because the moon is full for those three days. At night spirits of the past pharaohs roam around the city to watch the people celebrate in their honor." I told him.

"dat sounds creepy if u tell me." Joey commented while playing the game. "A bunch of spirits watching their people is bizarre."

"I suppose but it's a way for them to protect the people beyond their grave." I said.

"THEIR GRAVE!" Shaw screamed out loud almost causing him to lose the game.

"SHAW! what the hell, man!" joey shouted.

I laughed as yugi spoke, "Don't be so paranoid Shaw. It's not like we'll see any ghost."

"Correct Yugi because the past pharaohs surround the city with their light to keep out those who are evil." I spoke in a spooky voice.

"Evil?" shaw chattered his teeth, "wwhhaat ...evvvill iss lingering?"

"Shaw would ya pay attention here, I put another coin in for you! We're losing!" Joey focused on the game.

"Oh sorry Joey." Shaw faced toward the game.

Yugi and I were enjoying the small chat we had with shaw. Haha poor guy is a scary cat, but when it came to video games he's a hero. We watched them play the zombie take-down game until my phone started to buzz. I looked at it to see a text from (y/n).

------ Text message————————

Hey Atem, I wanted to let you know that Ashely and I are at the food court. Do you and guys wanna meet us here?