Chapter 8: The Moment

(Y/N ) pov

"You ready (y/n)?" Atem asked

"Huh, oh uh yeah I'm ready." I told him.

"Good, I know the best place to go eat." He told me as he grabbed my hand. As we walked out of the office and made our way down to the cars, I knew something was on Atem mind because he looked back at the tablets. So I started to think what type of dangers did the royal couple face back in ancient times. There are many possibilities that the young pharaoh could have inherited enemies from his father. But how could that be possible, come to think of it if I remember properly with my old research he couldn't inherit enemies. His father was a noble man and the people loved him. It sucks I can't ask my parents anything, they could have shed some light because they studied stuff like this all the time but they mysteriously vanished during my second year of college and I miss them terrible.

As Atem drove out of the parking lot, i started to look at his feature again. His eyes were a piercing crimson purple, his hair spiked like a thorn with a trim of blond as bangs and magenta. His lips looked like they were soft, his personality was always determination. He was someone I could always trust; However, I know I don't have any chance with atem because even in college girls were throwing themselves at him like he was some god. I had to be there as a friend to help him, guide him to the right path of succession. Atem and I were complete opposite from each and I don't know if he'll fall for me, like I did at one point with him. I'd always loved him, i just didn't want to get hurt. I turn my head to the window to try and distract myself from my thoughts.

Yugi POV

Hmm, I was studying (y/n) and my brother for a little while. And I think they forgot Shaw and I were in the truck, but it's strange that they don't see what everyone else see. They both have a thing for each other and I tend to help get them together. I've noticed the way they look at each and it's no coincidence that those two people on the tablet are them. Just like the story grandpa told me; that king and queen will always found a way back to each other. Their bond is strong and together, they're unstoppable.

"Yugi," Shaw whispered, "I have a bad feeling something is going to happen soon. I think (y/n) and Atem, will need to prepare themselves for the upcoming future."

I looked at him weird, "why do you have this strange feeling Shaw? Can you sense any trouble?"

"I can't explain it, but I think we were all part of the past lives of our dear friends. We were just not important as they are. I believe each of us, have something to bring to the table. Don't you think?"

I nod, "that I believe."

*time skip*

(Y/N) POV

"We're here" as atem pulled into the parking lot of the diner.

"What is this place Atem?" I asked

"Do you remember that burger joint we use to go to back in college (y/n)" he says with a smirk

I turned to face him, "yes, I do. I can't believe you remembered that?" I look at him with a smile.

He leans on the seat rest, "It was my favorite spot to go to when we were together doing our project. It was were we could get away from all those people that kept bugging us. So, I found this place, and I hope it would be a new spot of us to hangout with no one to bother us. I like creating memories with you, and I want this place to be our first."

We look into each other's eyes. Feeling a connection that was a bit strong and somehow drawing us closer together. Our gaze never broke off from each other, it was like everything disappeared and clouds started to form around. "is this what cloud nine feels like?" I ask myself, but something or somebody was watching us so I turned to see yugi and Shaw staring at us. I turned my head feeling heat rose upon my cheeks.