Chapter 18: The Crew Takes Flight

Atem POV

Today's the day we all go to Egypt for the Pharaoh's festival. We've been planning out our trip in case we actually had time to sightsee but our first plan is to figure out what Mahad wanted us to do for the week. I was in my studies trying to get things in order before we leave. Mahad sent me the layout of the palace and I did see on the layout that there was a garden for (y/n) and I to spend time at during our stay. When I got the layout from Mahad because anyone could easily get lost and can walk around for hours until one of the staff members comes find you. I made smaller copies for everyone so they wouldn't get lost, but knowing joey he would be the one to get lost first and probably going to drag Yugi with him...that would be terrible.

I studied that map for hours before our flight and I slowly started to memorize the whole thing, but before I can flip the next page to the town map I felt something climb up my shoulder. I looked to see that it was Luna, "Ha-ha Did you want to see the map to Luna?" she looked at me and put her little head against my cheek and purred. "hmm I'll take that as a yes." We both looked at it carefully but something tells me that there was more of the layout than I'm being shown. "You know Luna, since you were one of the queen's mighty creatures. Is there more to the palace that (y/n) and I should know about?" I didn't expect Luna to answer but she nodded her head like a yes. "can you show me on the map where to go?" I laid the map on the table and she jumped off my shoulders to place her paw on a certain area of the map. "there?" I asked. "Meow" Luna said sternly. "Alright we'll start there but will you accompany me when we go?" I asked her and she looked at me with happiness with her ears flopped to the side <(^.^)> "meow meow!"

"ha-ha what are you two talking about?" (y/n) walks into the living room where Luna and I were communicating. She walks over to my desk and places a kiss on my cheek and pets luna on the head. She had luna's cage with her.

"We're just meowing about stuff, right Luna" I say to her.

"Meow!" <(^-^)>

"Oh and what about?" she asked, so I stood up and grabbed (y/n) by the waist and leaned in trying to capture her lips with mine but (y/n) put her hand on my mouth. "Oh no, Atem. You're not going to hypnotize me with those kisses of yours, plus I need to get Luna in her cage." She walked around me to grabbed Luna from the table and put her in the cage. "so you too were looking at the map?" she locks the tiny door and looks at me now.

"Yeah, I wanted to study the palace and town before we leave." I told her, "I thought luna would be a nice help, since she was the former queen's pet."

"She's more than a pet, Atem. She was the one who's helped keep me safe while I lived at the aparment." (y/n) looked at Luna with a look of security and greatness. I didn't realize how alone she was when she said that but we stopped communicating for a few years.

I walked towards her giving her a hug to reassure her that she will never have to feel the emptiness again. "I'm sorry." We stayed like that for a few minutes until we heard something outside the door.

Thun thun thun*

"What was that?" (y/n) moved her body to the sound of something falling and voices yelling.

We both walked out of the room with luna in her cage into the living room where we found shaw yelling, "Yugi! You didn't have to throw my stuff down the stairs?" he said throwing his hands everywhere.

"what! I didn't throw anything, you're the one leaving your lugged in the middle of the hallway Shaw!" Yugi shouted from up the stairs.

I see my grandfather bringing out his lugged "Will you two stop bickering and take my suitcase downstairs without throwing it?"