𝘚𝘪𝘹

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

Bucky's fists were clenched by his side, Tristan sat right in front of him and he couldn't do anything about it.

The security office of Evergreen Crest was small but held thousands of dollars of equipment. Bucky's building was one of the most guarded complexes in the city before he moved his wife into the apartment full-time, after Charles snuck in and chased her out of their home, he upped the security details. But that had clearly backfired. Alliances change and people who were once friends become enemies.

Just like Tristan Moreno.

"This is Warner," Bucky explained, gesturing towards the man beside him, "he's a new hire for the evening team," Tristan's eyes left Bucky's to land on Warner, nodding as his boss continued speaking, "I trust you will train him thoroughly, it is important that we keep this building safe from outsiders."

The fact that Tristan didn't even seem intimidated by Bucky made his blood boil, "of course Mr. Barnes," a smile before he turned back towards the screens in the room, "I'll give a report tomorrow morning on how it went."

"Great," Bucky's jaw tightened as he stepped back, "I look forward to reading it."

Bucky's hand curled around Warner's shoulder as he passed, leaning to speak into his ear, "I want you to dig as much as you can to get answers," briefly Bucky looked over at Tristan who was watching the cameras, his eyes glued to the underground parking garage, "if you have to pretend to hate your sister, do it."

Warner gave a sharp nod, before stepping completely into the security office and shutting the door behind him.

Bucky's Italian leather shoes squeaked against the tile of his lobby as he approached his brother and future brother in law, nodding towards the elevator that lead up to the penthouse. Steve and Sam fell into a formation behind Bucky, covering his back as they crossed the lobby, entering the elevator without a word spoken. There was no microphone on Bucky's home security system, but everywhere else in the building, it was a protocol so he could have eyes and ears everywhere.

As the elevator doors opened, the three pulled their guns out of the back of their pants, starting a security sweep of the apartment.

"Kitchen clear!" Steve yelled.

"Living room clear!" Sam chimed in.

"Master bed and bath clear!" Bucky yelled out.

After clearing the remainder of the rooms, the three came back together in the kitchen. One by one they placed their guns on the kitchen island, Steve and Sam took their positions on their usual bar stools while Bucky pulled the scotch off his bar, three glass cups clinking together as he turned to place them on the counter. "Have Hayden and Nicolas given an eta on the arrival of the lake house?" Steve questioned, taking the glass when Bucky offered it to him.

"An hour away," Bucky shrugged, placing the other full glass in front of Sam before filling one for himself, "I just hope it was the right decision sending her out of the city," the burn of the scotch running down his throat was a welcome feeling, the alcohol did little to soothe his anxiety but took the edge off his anger, "he's right downstairs," the glass clinked as he set it on the counter, "he's right fucking downstairs and I can't go in there and kill him because, without the information he has, I'll have no leads."

Silence fell over the three men, the normally vibrant and lively home felt like a ghost town. The nights they were here, Addison was always in the kitchen with Rebecca making dinner while they sat in the office, going over building plans and their money laundering fronts. There was always music and laughter, Bucky was always lighter, and his eyes always sparkled when he crossed the threshold into his home and saw his wife with a glass of wine dancing around the kitchen with his sister.