𝘛𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺 𝘛𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

☆゜·。。·゜゜·。。·゜★

"Let's go."

Bucky barreled through the backdoor, leaning down to pull Addison up to her feet, her brows furrowed but she followed him back through the house, passing George and Sarah who sat silently at the table. "Baby?" She asked when they reached his Aston Martin, the door opening and a gentle push on her back guiding her into the car. "Are you okay?" She knew he wasn't mad at her, he would've just left for Rebecca to take her home if he was.

"They knew about Mila."

Addison looked over at him, her brow arching in confusion. Just hours ago Bucky hadn't bothered to care too much about his young cousin. But before Addison could ask any questions, he continued on. "Dad threatened Mila when Vaughn came after Sarah," Addison bristled at Bucky's use of his stepmother's first name, it was rare that she heard it from his lips. "He threatened Mila and Luella, he did that knowing how fucked up not having a mother made Rebecca and I."

The weight of the words sat in the car and Addison climbed into Bucky's lap, his head immediately resting against her chest, the space was tight, his hands curled around her thighs to keep her away from hitting the horn, their chests pressed together. "We're going to get them to safety," Addison whispered, leaning down to press her lips to his, feeling the tension start to bleed out of Bucky's shoulders. His hands squeezed her thighs through the thin fabric of her leggings, using her body to ground himself to the reality he was in. His wife was home and she was safe.

"I think Vaughn knows you're trying to find Mila's dad," Bucky breathed against her mouth, running a hand through her hair. "He's not going to make it easy," Addison smiled when Bucky guided her head down so he could press his lips to her forehead, she knew that Bucky did this to calm himself down. "I love you, baby, if we have to take Mila in as our own for a little bit, then we will, I'm not going to let another kid go without parents."

Addison smiled wider, wrapping her arms around his neck. "You're the best."

Three taps against the window made Addison and Bucky pull back, Sarah standing outside with a sad smile. Bucky groaned but reached forward to roll down the window. His arms tightened around Addison again, and Sarah took notice. Bucky had become fearful of letting go of his wife when he was home, she was taken from under him before and Bucky wasn't willing to let that happen again. "Addison," Sarah's voice filled the interior of the Aston Martin and she took a deep breath facing the woman, "can we talk?"

Bucky squeezed Addison tighter, his fingers digging into her sides, but Addison pulled them off, reaching for the door and opening it. "Yeah, we can talk."

It was a chilly night, the wind howling in the trees that surrounded the Barnes Manor. Addison thought she would feel apprehensive being around the house again, but she found that she wasn't. The rustling of the trees was comforting even though horrors had occurred here. Sarah lead Addison down to the greenhouse she had put up before everything went to chaos, stepping into the muggy space with her. The tension was high, neither woman knowing what to say. Addison had no intention to start the conversation, she was the one who was kidnapped and tortured, not Sarah. The only one who should be speaking is the older woman in front of her.

"I'm sorry," Sarah breathed out, her blue eyes downcast and making Addison lose some of her anger, "I didn't know when we left that you were the target, George only told me when we got to the house in Pennsylvania, and by the time I convinced him to tell you all, they had already gotten you," Sarah stepped closer to her daughter in law, nearly sobbing when Addison didn't step back, just tilted her head back to look at the slightly taller woman, "You're one of mine," Sarah cupped Addison's cheek and she felt the tears well up behind her own eyes, the pressure growing at Sarah's gentle touch, it was the first time she felt truly comforted in weeks. "I would've never left if I knew you were going to be the one taken."