CDC.

At dawn, the group is seen packing up their belongings, all looking exhausted and anxious to be amongst the walkers once again.

"Everybody listen up. Those of you with C.B.S., we're gonna be on channel 40. Let's keep the chatter down, okay? Now, you got a problem, don't have a C.B., can't get a signal or anything at all, you're gonna hit your horn one time. That'll stop the caravan. Any questions?" I listened from my stop against the RV, standing alongside Daryl and Merle, who had packed up their belongings late last night.

"We're, uh... We're not going" Everyone turned towards Morales in shock, not expecting him, his wife and two children to leave on their own.

"We have family in Birmingham. We want to be with our people" Miranda, Morales' wife commented when seeing our faces.

"You go on your own, you won't have anyone to watch your back" Shane warned, making Morarles shrug his shoulders.

"We'll take the chance. I got to do what's best for my family" I shook my head with a sigh. He may think going off on their own was for the best but they won't be able to protect themselves with the little number of weapons they have. It was suicide.

"You sure?"

"We talked about it. We're sure" He responded firmly, not wanting to change his mind.

"Alright" Shane sighs and nods at Rick. He pulls out a gun and hands it to Morales whilst Shane hands him a box of ammo.

"The box is half full"

"Thank you all... For everything" Miranda says emotionally, her eyes filling with tears. Everyone began to say their goodbyes to the family, the children were crying and hugging and it broke my heart, knowing that Carl and Sofia will never see their friends again.

"Fuckin hell" Merle groaned under his breath, shaking his head in disapproval of the family's decision. We all watch as they jump in a car and drive away, making Carl and Sofia sob harder. Carol immediately takes her daughter in her arms, rubbing her back as she whispered soothing words in her ear.

"You got your bike in the compartment?" I ask Daryl, who nodded his head. There is a mechanical section underneath the RV that allows motorbikes to be stored which is easily accessible. My Harley has been in there for a while, just in case I needed to go on a quick run.

It didn't take long for everyone to be fully prepared for the trip. Dale is driving his RV with Glenn beside him whilst Jacqui takes care of Jim, who's sat in the back. Rick is driving a car with Lori, Carl and Sofia, Carol wanted to ride with me and the Dixons and with some reassurance from Rick and me, she felt more comfortable leaving her daughter with them. Shane was driving his car alone and Andria and Amy stayed with T-Dog in his.

En route to the CDC, Dales's RV radiator hose bursts, making him beep his horn to notify the group of the issue. We all stepped out of our vehicles and moved towards Dales RV.

"I told you we'd never get far on that hose. I said I needed the one from the cube van" Stressed Dale whilst others were looking around nervously in case walkers approached.

"Can you jury-rig it?"

"That's all it's been so far. It's more duct tape than a hose. And I'm out of duct tape" whilst the conversation was going on about the broken-down RV, I retrieve a small container filled with fresh fruit and a box of sandwiches.

"Here you two, you must be hungry," I said softly as I approached Carl and Sofia, who smiled brightly at the food.

"Thank you, Ana," the children said in unison, making me smile and ruffle their hair before walking back to the group who were still around the RV.