Chapter 9 - I'm Looking For Clues To This Misunderstanding

Sierra, who noticed that godmother had been silent for a while, soon stiffened like a deer in front of headlights.

'Does she hate me enough to go silent? Well, she did pay me five years ago, and I ended up coming back...'

I was afraid and hoped the godmother doesn't hate Hanael as well.

She clutched Sierra's hand and said.

"...You're finally here, Sierra."

Sierra faltered when she saw her teary eyes.

'That's weird?'

Sierra glanced at her. However, the godmother was steadfast and serious.

I was a little scared when I saw her mouth closed and her stubborn eyes.

"Madam, what do you mean..."

Of course, the godmother was thinking differently.

That day, when she recalled Sierra's eyes, one corner of her heart felt too heavy.

She was thinner now than the Sierra five years ago. She's become more vulnerable and can disappear at any moment. The godmother clenched her fist quietly.

"It's just as I said. I've been waiting for you."

The godmother's voice crept out. Sierra looked at her one more time in embarrassment. Her eyes proved she didn't understand the situation.

The godmother breathed a long sigh.

"I don't know how I'll pay for my bad karma..."

Looking at Sierra's trembling shoulders, she looked thinner than before. The godmother gave a long sigh and grabbed Sierra's hand tightly.

"Long time no see, marchioness. I'm sorry, we meet again."

"...What's there for you to be sorry for?"

"Y... You gave me the money back then, but I stand right in front of you again..."

"No, Sierra."

The godmother's face distorted when she saw Sierra's warmhearted expression. She had to pay for her past sins.

How long has she been waiting to be kind to Sierra?!

"Yes, I did... something terrible to you."

"...?"

Of course, Sierra didn't understand her remorseful feelings.

The godmother handed her money, and Sierra received it. In her eyes, it was just that.

'Has she weakened a lot over the years?'

Her gray hair became more grayish, and she opened her mouth in a quiet tone.

"When you left, Cassius became... I've regretted it for five years. Now that I've met you again, I want to be more kind."

"...What?"

"That's when I separated you from Cassius..."

"Ah... You did?"

"Yes, asking you to leave Cassius... was the most regrettable mistake I've made in my entire life."

"I see...? Why?"

"A moment's misjudgment led to my nephew, Cassius, being ruined for more than five years..."

No, that was enough to ruin him?

Seeing how Cassius used to look fuller, but now his face shows he has lost weight, proved this was a bit serious. I didn't know it was that bad.