Chapter 27

The welcome dinner was over, and Viola finally returned to her room. Although it had been only an hour or so, it felt like ten hours for her.

'It was so difficult. Ah, I'm exhausted...'

As soon as she came back to her room, she immediately threw herself onto the bed and laid back comfortably.

Xenon, who followed her into the room, stood next to the bed.

"Princess, you look tired."

"Ugh. I am really tired."

He went closer to her and handed her a sweet juice.

"Would you like to drink this?" He said, slowly lifting up the sprawling Viola on the bed as if she had melted to it.

She had been noticing this for a while, but Xenon is surprisingly delicate. His hands are very soft and careful. Of course, he had a touch with an immense amount of care for Viola, and the way he speaks is kind as well.

"Don't worry. Considering my condition, I only drank a weak poison."

"...."

That's the way the duke is.

Adding trace amounts of poison to all the foods. In order not to be poisoned, the body ingests acceptable levels of poison in advance. It was an act of increasing tolerance.

"He must have put the exact measured amount of poison into consideration of my physical condition."

Colorless, odorless poison. It tasted just like orange juice.

Oh, it's sweet.

'I really want to drink strawberry ade now.'

"When I wake up, I want to drink strawberry ale."

"I'll have it ready."

"With floating ice, too."

"I'll keep that in mind. I'll break the ice finely and raise it like a snowflake."

"Hmm."

Viola thought it sounded a bit extra, but the thought of it was going to be delicious, anyway, so she didn't say anything else.

Blink. Her eyes are slowly shutting. It was no wonder because she had been pulling herself up since dawn. So, obviously, her seven-year-old body is unable to withstand the sleepiness and quickly became half asleep.

Her consciousness is halfway gone, and Viola's mouth started to move against her will.

"I'm sleepy..."

Zzzzz.

At that, her body melted on the bed and fell asleep. Xenon gazed down at the bed, gazing at Viola's hair that was scattered randomly around her. A strand of her hair got in her mouth this time as well.

"Hmm, hmm..."

The sleeping Viola chewed her hair like a cow.

Seeing this, he carefully pulled out the hair from her mouth and asked softly, "Do you mind if I apply the medicine?"

Though because she had fallen asleep, Viola couldn't answer.

Xenon rolled up the blanket very gently until her shins and feet were visible. It was the part where poison is buried and burned.

He put some ointment on it earlier. He thought it may take a few more times for it to fully recover.

"Well, excuse me, I'll take it since you allowed me." He said, falling down to his knees.