Chapter 62

"Then, I'll make sure you don't know what to do." Jermi was quite confident that he had planned well.

He had promised to come alone, but he came a day earlier than the appointment date. He deliberately created this situation so that she could not reject his proposal.

However, Viola's answer was unexpected. "It means that this place will be where you and I will duel."

Jermi doubted his ears at the moment.

A duel?

"I know... The duel that I'm thinking of and the duel that you're thinking of are the same, right?"

"Of course." Viola pointed at Jermi with a dagger.

Jermi shrugged as if embarrassed. Even at that moment, he still did not lose his relaxed smile. "Let me tell you about the duels I know. First, a fight to decide victory or defeat. Second, a battle fought under certain conditions and formalities in order to relieve grudges or insults."

"That's correct."

"Why do we have to duel?"

"Because you looked down on me and my family so easily."

The smile disappeared from Jermi's face.

If she said, "You've offended me so easily," there was a possibility that it could be resolved through conversation.

However, she mentioned her family. The name of the Verratoux

It meant that Viola was that sincere.

'Uh... This isn't it.'

Jermi was perplexed; he didn't want to duel with Viola. "I just wanted to explore the ruins with you, though I didn't mention it directly."

Viola continued with her dagger pointed at him, "Did you think I was just some pawn on a chessboard that you could move as you please?"

"What are you talking about? Stop, I've never thought of you like that."

"Your intentions don't matter, because that is how it seems to me."

Jermi was originally an innocent and positive character. Naive instead of scheming.

For example, "It would be fun to explore the ruins with Princess Viola" or "If you find a treasure while exploring the ruins," would light-heartedly be said as, "I'll give you a gift, Princess Viola, when you come."

"You made your board, and you acted as if I was playing on it. In front of so many people who followed you, you acted as if I was going to bend according to your will. What do you think of me?"

"I..."

'Yes, I am Princess Viola Verratoux.'

She couldn't simply say that.

There were too many eyes around.

He had a sinking feeling that he had just made it harder for himself to become her friend.

'You made it impossible to answer. I guess I fell into my own trap?'

"Take out the sword."

At some point, iron-clad guards came and took control of the people.

This was also what Viola had requested in advance.

Some of the people who flocked here even asked the guards, "John. Who the hell is that woman?"

"..."

But the guards were silent. In fact, they know who that woman was.

Since she was a youth from a family of high rank, they only moved at her orders.