Chapter 38

Duke Heron lay on the bed.

The blue moonlight streamed in through the large window.

He turned his body to the side and his desk caught his eye. There was a small picture frame on the desk. There was a figure of Rael that was photographed through a magic camera.

The Duke pondered on his memories with Rael.

'I'm glad I'm your wife. Only I can own you.'

The Duke looked at Rael's picture without hesitation. The image of Viola did not disappear from his mind.

'That child...'

He felt it from a long time ago. She resembled Rael in some way. He even felt this way.

'Don't be lonely anymore, is she the child Rael sent to me...?'

'I can't.'

There was no connection between Rael and Viola. He just adopted Viola as a hand to use and throw away.

But, there were some strange things.

'Why are nostalgic feelings dripping from the potion?

How did she read the feelings he missed from the potion? How could a child who did not know Rael find out about such things by just looking at the potions?

'Longing for someone. Love greater than death. and earnest desire. I see it.'

At this point, it would not be an exaggeration to say that Rael appeared in Viola's dream and taught her everything.

'Rael...'

Tears welled up in the Duke's eyes. He prayed tens of thousands of times for her to be by his side, but God didn't hear him.

The Duke eventually got up from his seat.

He opened the door to the secret safe. There was a flower ring preserved by the finest preservation magic.

'Rael. You used to give me a sweet briar.'

In a secret space that no one knew about, Rael had weaved a flower ring for the Duke.

Each time the Duke would blush his face.

'Men don't do this.'

'It's not man, it's my husband who does this.'

Rael's smile that day was so pretty.

It's because he was happy that Rael was happy. So, in front of Rael, he always wore the flower ring. Every time.

Rael liked to clasp his hands.

'It fits you very well. It's pretty.'

It was a secret that only Heron and Rael knew, which no one in the Duchy family knew. But, if he looks at what Viola is doing, she looks just like Rael.

'It suits you too well for that.'

'Dad is very handsome.'

'Ignorant worship.'

His reason continued to refuse. However, emotions kept making him think differently.

Viola felt like a child Rael had sent for him.

'Useless thoughts...'

Heron put the sweet briar flower in the secret safe, and once again at Rael.

As he gazed at the picture. Somehow today...

It felt like Rael was smiling.

'I miss you.'

Does Rael miss him, too?