Chapter 21

Viola answered boldly.

"Yes. Self-made room."

She spoke in a straightforward manner, but she seemed to mispronounce the word 'self-defense' since it was a little difficult for a seven-year-old, with the growth status of a five years old, to pronounce.

Suddenly, Carlton's words came to his mind.

'I think her growth was very slow because she couldn't eat properly.'

Suddenly, that tiny body and big eyes caught his eyes even more. For some reason, his heart ached. Duke Heron pronounced it again.

"Self-defense."

"Yes, self made room."

"Self-defense."

Viola noticed what the duke was trying to do. She readied her lips and put a lot of pressure on her tongue before trying to say it again.

"Self Made Room!"

Though, she couldn't overcome her physical limitations.

"Pronounce it correctly. Self-defense."

"Self, made, room."

'Damn it! I couldn't pronounce it right.'

Meanwhile, Xenon doubted his eyes. 'The duke is smiling darkly?' It was very faint but smiling, but it was caught by Xenon's keen eyes. He didn't understand why Duke Heron was smiling.

Duke Heron spoke again.

"Self-defense."

"Confidently!!!"

Viola was annoyed. She was expressionless and tried to pronounce it the best she could.

She wanted to hit something. 'Then, my neck will be gone, right?' Regardless, her irritation soared. When she tried to say something, sometimes, her pronunciation would be slightly off, especially the word 'self-defense.'

'My underdeveloped body!'

The duke and Viola's eyes met. His eyes were smiling slightly. The subtle smile left Han Arin with a strange sense of defeat, and her face turned a little red without realizing it.

'Aish.'

Never once in her life that she would be teased by her pronunciation after twenty one years of her life. Then, an indescribable sense of shame rose from her head to toe.

"No manners and bad pronunciation. Yet you are so lively."

In fact, he wasn't offended. Instead, he was rather satisfied with her liveliness. Verratoux should be like that. He would have been disappointed if she didn't breathe out her liveliness when she felt teased.

However, Viola was surprised. This body must have lost its life without realizing it. When she came to her senses, the life that leaked without realizing disappeared by itself.

"You're good at making ends meet."

Heron misunderstood due to common sense. She's good at controlling her life path. He recalled the words of Xenon and Hixen. 'A girl who's like a Verratoux, but not at the same time.'

She cannot hide her extreme greed for cold, ripe persimmons. At the same time, she has a mind that knows how to handle her life thoroughly.

All this would be a thoroughly calculated production.

A life that popped up from time to time. Those cute eyes and her killing instinct that barely suppresses. That was what it truly is. 'That's how she looks, huh. I like it, Viola.'