Chapter 45

"Is your mission to kill the storm sword, Sir Jackal?"

This mission, summarized by the mission name 'Eye of the Storm,' was one of Han Ah-Rin's top five worst choices. Viola was also aware of the latest news trends.

Jackal has published a column in the newsletter several times.

[ The preferential treatment for the winter castle must be eradicated. ]

[ I respect the warriors of the Winter Castle, but this policy is wrong. ]

[ Duke Veratoux is going down the wrong path to satisfy his self-interest. ]

The reason is that the 'Golden Road,' a trade road connecting the winter castle from the central continent's monarch, was announced on a large scale. In the process, the Youngest Princess of Veratoux earned whopping billions of dahlias.

Therefore, Jackal's argument was clearly plausible.

[ At the time, Veratoux's youngest princess was only seven years old. ]

[ The people speculated with two hundred million dahlias, are hard to even touch in their lifetime. ]

[ This is an illegal transaction using a borrowed name. ]

The contents of the newsletter have left many people feeling deprived and lost.

In addition, public opinion was formed that Duke Veratoux was greedy for self-interest and acquired his fortune in an illegal and wrong way.

Viola sighed.

'It's different from the original, but it's similar.'

In the original, Jackal argues for other reasons. It must also be three more years from now.

'It's faster than the original, and the content has changed. But it's the same with biting the Duke.'

Although the details have changed, the big flow has not changed. The author's setting does not seem to have changed in any way.

"That's right. Do you know about the recent continental trend?"

"I know."

"So, I was ordered to kill Jackal."

"Then, father will be pointed out as the culprit?"

"Does that matter?"

Medea tilted her head.

For a moment, Viola quickly nodded her head.

"Of course, it doesn't matter."

Whatever.

As long as they don't have physical evidence... It was clear that Medea was thinking.

'Although older sister is benevolent and warm-hearted... I forgot she was Verratoux.'

One thing is important here.

There should be no evidence 'for sure.'

At that moment, Viola recalled the essence and attributes of this world that had been forgotten for a while.

'Okay. Let's not forget this is the world of 〈 Shadow of Veratoux 〉'

Viola lay on her bed alone, organizing her thoughts.

'I didn't know this case is going to come so soon.'

She thought about Jackal.

In the novel, Jackal was represented as the proud head of the Storm Fortress. If the winter castle is the northern shield that protects mankind from 'where it snows,' the Storm Fortress was a defensive fortress that protects the Empire from 'the canyon of barbarism.'