Chapter 52

Sending a special envoy from Veratoux.

That in itself has become an issue.

“Did you hear the news? The Duchy of Veratoux sent a special envoy.”

“From Veratoux?”

“They killed the son of Viscount Seal or something.”

“Are they going to send a special envoy?”

For the common people, Winter Castle had been perceived as a terrifying place. It was not a place to send a special envoy just because he killed at least one of the Viscount’s children.

“But it was a twelve-year-old kid who was sent as an envoy.”

“Hey, hey. Be careful with what you say. What do you mean kid?!”

The man carefully looked around.

“You don’t know the rumor?”

“What rumors?”

“The rumor that the ‘Thousand Kills’ Duke adopted a witch five years ago.”

“Witch? What does that mean?”

“I don’t know either. At the age of seven, she killed bandits and ate their flesh. Oh, and a welcome dinner? I think they drank the blood of the monster there.”

It was Vixen, not Viola, who killed the bandit at the age of seven.

Viola had just simply saved Tundra. She never drank monster blood. She drank not the blood of the devil, but the potion ‘Viola.’ However, as always, rumors have been twisted and misinterpreted.

“Let’s be careful.”

“Yeah, yes. That’s right.”

Rumors about Viola have been twisted and twisted.

Rumors, that would make the blood boil upside down as they spread little by little across the continent. Nevertheless, there were people who grasped Viola Veratoux a little more objectively.

It was Selina who started a deal with the internal affairs of the Empire three years ago.

Selina said, “Inside the winter castle, a child named Viola Veratoux seems to be getting a lot of favors.”

“Looks like that.”

“Even though she is an iron-blooded Veratoux, it is said that she cares very much for the people of Winter Castle. The people of Winter Castle call themselves citizens and are considered to be proud.”

She became Minister of Finance at the age of thirty-seven, and was now second in command of the Monarch Empire. She was the only person in the world who used the title second in command.

King of Swords Nellach Freuds Caliburn.

He asked, sitting on the edge of the bed in light clothes.

“Did you say she was twelve?”

“Yes.”

“When did you start watching the kid carefully?”

“It’s been since the welcome dinner party of Veratoux five years ago. With a splendid appearance, she was recognized as Veratoux at once.”

She was talking like it was funny.

“She’s also the kid who has benefited greatly from occupying the land to develop the Golden Road.”

“Is it a coincidence?”

“It’s most likely a coincidence, but at the same time it doesn’t seem like a coincidence.”