Chapter 17

After a while, Heron spoke again.

"Isn't it funny to squeeze a ruse out of that little head?"

"When I was caught, I was impressed by the way you didn't do so, Duke."

Carlton thought it was a little strange. 'He's not the one who repeats the same thing.' Today while he was talking to Viola, Heron seemed to repeat the same sentiment numerous times. Maybe it's because he's disappointed with the youngest Princess.

The duke continued.

"But she has to change a little bit from now on."

The first time is a mistake. Nonetheless, mistakes should not be repeated. Now that he has taught her, the direction will have to change in the future. Verratoux should act like Verratoux. That's what Heron thought. However, he kept thinking about her peach-colored plump cheeks and creamy face. Carlton continued.

"Since you met her for the first time today, I think she'll show a different side at the welcoming dinner, more Verratoux like."

"She should, or she'll be beheaded."

There seemed to be a feeling of doubt at the tip of his mind. Heron remembered her desire and her obsession with egg tarts, which was close to craziness and obsession. Viola was like a hedgehog looking for food. She had a disheveled appearance that was never seen in a pure-blooded Verratoux. Her purple hair was flowing down on her face and her plump cheeks with peach-colored cheeks.

The laxity of eating with cream on cheeks and lips. Her crazy-like gaze towards the egg tart.

A child who gives the egg tart out of her tenacity with noticeable regret. She was much smaller than seven years of her age, but strangely, Viola kept appearing in his mind.

The Duke shook his head without anyone knowing and thought to himself several times. 'No. Verratoux should be like Verratoux.' It's as if he's chanting a spell. Heron kept denying what he had been pondering. He repeated it to himself.

'You're my father from now on.'

'Treat me dearly.'

Her words kept ringing in his ears. He deliberately, forcefully, once again, thought vigorously. 'If she's not acting like a Verratoux, I'll behead her.'

Meanwhile, Viola returned to her room. She then laid down on the bed.

'Wow.'

Today's experience was exceptional. I think I've been to heaven and hell dozens of times. 'Why was he there?' I don't know why Heron Verratoux came to Azulezia.

Then, Viola fell asleep unknowingly. Thirty minutes later, I opened my eyes wide as though I had seen a ghost, shocked.

When I opened my eyes, I saw Xenon's face.

"How long have I slept?"

"You slept thirty minutes and twelve seconds."

I guess Xenon has been next to me for a while. Whenever I open my eyes from my sleep these days, I would see him. It made me wonder if the butlers always stay together with their masters like this.

I also felt that the time he was attached to me now, was as much as the time he was attached to the original Viola.

'It's probably just a feeling, isn't it?'

In the original story, such things as 'The Butler was attached for twenty-two hours, eleven minutes and ten seconds are not described. In fact, there is much more unexplained content than the novel had described.