Bad Dream - Cal

Cal couldn't sleep. Not without having a bad dream or two. Or three. Or however many it would take to wake him up.

It was embarrassing, really.

After being locked in the Corridor of Time for 5 years, he couldn't stop having nightmares about it.

Cal would wake up in a panic. Sometimes he would scream, causing someone (if anyone was even there) to run into his room to see if he was alright.

Luckily, that hardly ever happened. Considering Cal was the only one who even stayed in the Egyptian area anymore. Inpu had his own pyramid, and Ricarro spent most of his time at Momiji's shrine. But he was here some days, considering he was the Egyptian camp counselor or whatever.

It was a bit lonely. There used to be lots of people in the Egyptian area. Now it felt deserted. Sort of like the Corridor of Time.

Right. The corridor was why he couldn't sleep. Considering Cal was the reincarnation of a moon God, he thought he'd be more active at night. But he's really more of a day person.

Maybe that was because there were people awake and about during the day. It felt more lively, and less alone.

Because Cal couldn't sleep much, he took walks around the camp. He avoided the Greek area though...Too dull and one solid color. Like the corridor.

His nightmares were all sorts of odd things. But they always involved the Corridor of Time and Khonsu.

There was one nightmare in particular where he was jumping through timelines, trying to run from Khonsu. But he was always caught, and the timeline would break upon his capture.

There was another nightmare where Khonsu threw insults at him like fire. Telling him he was a mistake. That no one should have befriended him. That he would be the reason everyone he knew would suffer. Because of him. That his mother was unfortunate enough to have birthed a waste of life. That he had no true potential. If all he could ever do was tend a bar, what use would he be to anyone? Khonsu had even said that if he had disappeared forever, nobody would have batted an eye. That he'd be forgotten.

Cal knew it was just a bad dream. But it still hurt.

Cal didn't like bad dreams. But if he could have one extra ability, he'd want the power to take someone's nightmares from them.

Nobody likes bad dreams. So if Cal was able to take them, everyone would be happy. They'd be able to sleep soundly.

If only he had that kind of power.

Cal thought of really random things while on these late night walks, didn't he?

Just walking, while recalling bad dreams.

That's all they were, after all.

"Cal? What are you doing up?"

"Hm? Oh! I'm just on a walk."

Everyone had bad dreams once and a while.

——————————————

Words: 463