A follow up to the Cal thing involving Bloodmoon.

Ok. Hear me out.

What if Cal IS the Ouroboros?

Set said that the Ouroboros needed 3 souls in order to be summoned/awakened. He took 2 of those souls, leaving Cal to take the last one in an attempt to "break" him.

Set was frequently asked about Cal. Drannus asked about him. Brandeen asked about him.

But when Set was telling Cal about the Ouroboros, he mentioned Khonsu seeing it, and being afraid of it.

Guess what Khonsu was said to be?

The snake wrapped around the Cosmic Egg. Also known as the World Egg.

Guess what one of the things the Cosmic Egg hatched was. The Ouroboros.

"The cosmic egg is an ancient object that is older than humans' myth can go, dating back to the beginning of time."

Beginning of time? Khonsu controls time. He was said to be the snake wound around the Cosmic Egg. Makes sense to me.

The Cosmic Egg was said to belong to many different pantheons. Egyptian being one of them.

"The Ouroboros is an ancient entity that appears as a cosmic serpent or dragon which is depicted as eating their own tail."

"Like their fellow primordials, the Ouroboros lacks a true physical form and the form it utilizes is the form that their consciousness has chosen to manifest in."

"The dragon is a true shapeshifter, able to freely manipulate their body shape and size to assume any form that it chooses, regardless of age, race, or gender."

"When it does decide to take a humanoid form, it ranges from being a adult human male, a old man to a little girl depends on its mood. Before assuming its current form, it used a different guise in the form of an elderly man."

Adult human male. Cal/Bloodmoon fits that description. As for the elderly man, Khonsu. (I like to equate him with an old man because I dislike him. Besides, he's dead. And thousands of years old.) 

Cal could very well be the Ouroboros. Specifically, Bloodmoon could be the Ouroboros. 

"personifies the abstract concept of Infinity, representing the term of "There is no End", opposite to God's concept of Extinction, representing the term of "There is an End". Two fundamental aspects of Creation representing "Infinite" and "Finite."

"Ouroboros can assume any form it wants, altering its entire appearance including its apparent sex. It can also perfectly recreate the voice of any person."

And then there's this. Which is intriguing.

"Its shattering of the floor of Creation would allow for space and time to trickle from the higher layers and pool together, uniting into a discordant, featureless, empty-space-time that would later be popularly known as the Dimensional Gap."

That sounds a lot like the Corridor of Time, doesn't it? Either Boat thought all of this out, or he's just really good at accidentally making characters line up with other things they weren't supposed to.

"Ouroboros can generate enough power to destroy the universe. After its powers are reduced, its powers become unstable and uncontrollable to the point that Azazel speculated that if it were to recklessly project energy in an uncontrollable state, it can destroy a planet or a space-time dimension, and it will crumble to dust."

You know, that sounds A LOT like what Bloodmoon has been doing to every timeline he's gone to. He murdered the Cal of that timeline, as well as the Seductive Rose for whatever reason, and then destroyed the timeline. Moving onto the next one to do the same thing.

"The Ouroboros can travel to other dimensions and universes at will."

Yeah. It's very possible that Bloodmoon is the Ouroboros.

So here's my theory.

Set broke Cal after forcing him to kill Inmo. Taking the final soul. The dagger already had the other 2 souls in it. Meaning that the awakening was started the second Cal took Inmo's soul. If Cal really is the Ouroboros, then the second he did that, another timeline was created where he became Bloodmoon. But for whatever reason, possibly due to intervention by Khonsu or the Future Cal, our Cal didn't become the Ouroboros.

Yeah that's it. A new theory has been created. Cal is the Ouroboros, but in the main timeline, the one with our Cal in it, he managed to remain himself. He didn't become the Ouroboros. We would assume that the Future Cal also managed to resist it. But in any other timeline, Cal became the Ouroboros.

Theories with Yoshino.