Epilogue.

Epilogue

Christmas has never been my favorite thing of the year but this time around, I wish it had stayed a little longer. The festive season is over and what I've dreaded for so long is finally happening. Sophie is leaving for Japan in a few days and Christine is moving into the hostel.

"I think I'll be needing a lot of winter jackets. I heard Japan is cold!" I steal a look at her from the kitchen. She's sorting out the items her parents brought her in the living room and Christine is helping her. I take a look around the room and suddenly I burst into tears. It's so loud that my friends rush to me.

"What's wrong?" There's a concerned look running over their faces.

"I can't believe you guys are leaving me." I wipe my tears with the back of my hand like a baby.

"Are you on your period?" They both ask in unison and I nod like a kid. They tear down into laughter.

"No wonder! This is the most emotional thing I've seen you do." Christine says pretending to choke on her laughter.

"Honestly guys!  What would I do without you?" Another tear escapes my eye down my cheek.

"You'll be fine. It doesn't matter where we go or how far we get, we'll still be friends." I nod and side hug them, with Christine on the left and Sophie on my right.

If you're wondering if I've stopped overreacting my hurt, then No! I haven't spoken to Justin after that. He has tried to reach out but I haven't answered. Christine and Sophie told me he had apologized to them. I'm glad he has done that. I'm not really mad at him, I just want him to realize how his petty tantrums affects other people. I want him to learn to trust me and I hope to achieve that by giving him a thinking space. A time to think and realize things for himself.

I've applied for the modeling job but I still haven't gotten any response. I'm keeping my fingers crossed together too with my friends. I wasn't sure about the job before because I'm not as tall as Kendall Jenner or Zendaya but I do have a manageable height. And  I doubt I have any chances of getting picked because I've never worked as a model before but I've also learned to need this opportunity desperately. It could be a game changer for me if I get it. The more I imagine a life as a model, the more I grow desperate to get it.

Fear! It's a word that can send creepy vibes down your spine. I stare down at my phone at the pile of messages from both Jeremiah and Ariana. Justin is leaving for Australia and he didn't even bother to tell me. Why would he tell me? He thinks the space I'm giving him is for me but he doesn't even know I'm doing it all for him. To help him figure himself out. To know that not everyone in his life would bail on him. And that not all girls out there are like his exes.

"Aren't you going?" Christine queries.

"No!"

"Why are you taking this issue so far? The guy has apologized forever." Sophie adds.

"You don't get it. I just want him to trust me."

"I'm sure he's learnt his lesson. Just go get your man!" I smirk and play with Sophie's Cornrows. She doesn't have a wig on. She looks completely like a chicken. Even in that state, I know she hates it when you touch her hair. She throws a pillow at me. She's sitting crossed legged on the floor.