Part 18-Pleasantly unpleasant Surprise.

Chapter Eighteen

Building an empire or getting to the highest in life is not something that comes in a day. Reading the journey to success stories of some great men and women, you'll realize none of them had it easy. The sacrifices you'll have to make in order for your business to blossom. So it's kind of heartbreaking when you wake up one day, and all you find are ashes of something you've worked so hard to achieve. I've never owned a business but I very well know how Brian feels. I've seen how hard he has worked to make Black Alley grow each day.

After pressing him so hard to tell us what was going on, he finally let us in on it. And it's bigger than what any of us had expected. It turns out a group of drug dealers want to use Black Alley to cover up their drug trafficking. As if that is not enough, they want to turn the club into a brothel. Unknown to us, Brian has been trying his possible best to get them of our backs.

"If I ever allow them to use this place as a brothel. None of you girls will work here as a waitress. They'll turn you all into prostitutes." He had told us. For things to cool down, he has decided to close down the club for sometime until he's able to figure out a solution.

The days ahead has been nothing but dreadful. No one's talking about the bomb Brian just dropped on us. I guess everyone is thinking about it in their head. The fact that we're about to lose our only source of income is also a huge thing to worry about. Sophie is staying with me for sometime. She needs time to wrap her head around what's going on and she doesn't want her parents to be treating her like  something that will break any minute . I'm so jealous of her for having parents who care so deeply about her.

"Guys! I'm going out for a walk. The whole silence here is suffocating me." I say with a loud sigh accompanying it. Christine has been trying to fall asleep for hours on the couch whiles Sophie is watching CSI on her laptop. Her creepy love for things like that when she's upset is so weird. I shake my head and walk pass them in my comfortable sweat pants and a crop top.

"It's already 8pm. It's cold too. Cover up." Sophie's so cute when she's concerned but she doesn't even look at me when saying this.

"How do you know what I'm  wearing when you're not even looking at me?" She raises her head from her laptop and grins goofily at me. I smile back.

"Don't worry. I'll have you girls to take care of me when I catch a cold."And with that I leave them but not until I hear Christine shout at me. "You wish." I chuckle. At least her sleep is choking her. I don't have any destination in mind. I'm just walking when I bump into a familiar face. I completely forgot about him. Justin had dropped us home after the whole gun incident. He stayed over at my apartment for hours together with Alex. They both made sure we were okay and they even waited till we fell asleep before they left. Brian had entrusted us in their care. He didn't want to be seen with us so as not to endanger us. I called Justin the next morning to thank him and that was it. I never saw him or heard of him. He has a temple fade haircut on, making him look more handsome than he already is.

"What're you doing here?" I ask with a surprise look.

"I'm staying at a hotel." He replies and I raise an eyebrow. Doesn't he like his mansion anymore or he's here with a girl? Oh no! He's here with that snake of an ex friend. A frown ceases my face but I'm taking aback when he grabs my hand and leads me inside the hotel which I didn't even notice we're standing in front of.

"Do you think that petty of me?" He asks when we enter his hotel suite.

"I never said anything. Did I?" I ask rhetorically while making myself comfortable on the sofa.

"You didn't have to say it. It was written all over your face. I was doing something in the area but it got late so I decided to spend the night here." He explains. I didn't ask him for one but I'm glad he did. At least that horrific image of him banging my ex friend is thrown in the mud.

"So.. Is Laura your girlfriend or something?" I find myself asking the question that has been bugging me for days. I'm on my feet now, walking about in his suite. He doesn't reply me so I take it as he doesn't want to talk about it. I'm standing at the Kitchen island, gulping water down my throat when I feel a masculine body behind me.

"No. She's not! She's Jenny, my cousin's best friend. Jenny thinks we're good together so we're only hooking up." He whispers into my ears with his husky voice tickling my ears. I don't know why but I'm smiling. Before I know it, his hand is traveling down my abdomen. The crop top is very short so it's making it easy for his hand to glide down my body. My breathing is heavy and breaking. I don't try to turn around to look into his adorable eyes. His hand go down into my sweat pants. I moan. His chest is pressed against my back and his lips is kissing my neck. His hand is now out of my pants and it's tickling every inch of my stomach, going upwards to my breast. I close my eyes while biting my lips.