𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏

-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒-

Today was the first day of meeting our new staff people and for me the most important person was my new head engineer. Apparently she's been working on the 2023 car since last season and she's the only one who knows it inside out. I hadn't met her before and her name didn't sound familiar. I arrived at the office in Maranello and parked my car. I dropped off my stuff at my small tiny office before heading to the meeting room where she had her meeting in before. I opened the door and saw a ginger girl facing her back at me. She turned her head and smiled at me. She's absolutely beautiful. Her dark green eyes looked friendly and inviting as her smile was soooo beautiful. She must have the most beautiful smile I've ever seen.

"Hey. I'm Della. Your new head engineer."

"Charles... nice to meet you."

She held her hand out for me and I took it in mine. Her skin felt soft against mine as her hands were the perfect temperature. Her voice was on the lower side for a girl and laced with a thick French accent. I looked at her when she turned her head again to finish organizing her files. She was wearing crème colored pantalon with a black turtle neck and black all stars. Her hair was loose and she had styled it perfectly. She looked the perfect combination of professional and casual. I made my way around the meeting table and sat down on a chair in front of her. I looked up at her and she looked at me with her lashes.

"I'm no fan of your driving style to be honest but I've worked way to hard to turn down the offer of becoming head engineer."

"My driving style? What's wrong with it?"

"Your too aggressive when your chasing and make expensive mistakes that costs you a lot. When your being chased your too scared or too aggressive as well. I don't like that. You play around too much."

"Okay. Clear."

"Good. Make an aggressive mistake and know we won't be very good friends again. I'm willing to give you a chance but every aggressive mistake... it will have a consequence."

I gave her a nod as I looked at her with a tiny smile. She looked up at me fully and smiled again.

"Now I've cleared that out... it was nice meeting you but I need to head to my next meeting. If you have any questions or you want to talk about something come find me in my office."

"Which one do you have?"

"Office 3.17"

That was the biggest office we had next to the one from Vasseur. She smiled one last time at me before she closed the door behind her and she went to her meeting. God she's some stuck up girl. So beautiful and then that personality? That's actually a shame. I sighed and went to work. I had some trainings and other preps and then realized how I had let Della talk me down. Just like that! Not a word back. Before heading home I went to her office. I knocked and her voice yelled a come in. The sun was already down meaning it was already 19:15. I walked inside and found her sitting behind her desk. She was wearing transparant glasses and had her legs crossed. Files all over her desk and her laptop and computer on. Lights in the office also on so it wasn't dark here. She looked up at me with her green eyes.

"Charles. How can I help you?"

"I don't appreciate the way you down talked me back this morning Della. It's giving stuck up daddy's money to buy my way here vibes."

"I worked my ass off to be here. I didn't use my fathers money."

"Daddy's little princess huh?"

"No not even-"

"I don't care about your money. I care about the fact that your stuck up and are using money that's not even yours."

"Get out. I have better things to do. If you want to continue this conversation you can either wait for me to finish working or come back tomorrow."

"Fine."

"Fine."

I left her office and I felt kind of frustrated that she had kind of won it back there. I walked outside and whenever I was about to climb into my rental car someone's voice boomed towards me.

"Excuse me! Do you know how I can get this order to the customer?"

"Yeah hand it to me I'll bring it. For who is it?"

"Della Dubois."

When I heard the last name of Della it rang a bell. What was it I know it off? I went inside with the paper bag and walked all the way back to her office. I opened the door without knocking and dropped her bag on her desk while I looked at her.

"Why does your surname sound so familiar?"

"Dubois jewelry. My father is the fifth generation to own it."

God she really has money and she talks about it like she doesn't care.

"Right."

We stared into each others eyes trying to break each other. I felt an odd rivalry between us. She stood up and walked towards me. Her body language just screamed the word power before I was the first to talk.

"I'll ruin your career before it even started, so don't test my patience."

"We both know you wouldn't dare."

I turned around and left the office and this time for real. I was on my way back and thought about the way she said her last sentence. She was right. I would never ruin someone's career on purpose but she made me rethink it. I wanted to do it but shouldn't let her get the better of me.

(977 words)