𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟓

-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒-

Della and I have been dating for the past weeks. Nobody knew it yet but I had to say... this girl is the one. I just know it. It was 21st of May meaning we were at imola and it was race day. About 2 weeks ago I asked Della to officially be my girlfriend and she said yes like I kind of expected. Life is good. The races have been quite good as well. No wins yet but podiums... yes. I've been on the podium 3 times now. 2 times 2nd and 1 time 3rd. Della and I worked great together luckily. I had just finished my warm-up and changed into my race suit. I walked to Della her office where she would talk me through a few important things in a short amount of time before I had to drive the car out and she would continue. I opened the door and closed it again. She smiled up at me and I smiled back at her.

"Hello Chérie."

"Hey Charlie."

I stood behind her with my hands on her shoulders softly kneading her shoulders.

"Stop that I'll fall asleep."

A soft giggle fell over her lips as she spoke to me. She continued talking and when we were done we would go out together to the track but she cupped my cheeks with her tiny soft hands. Her forehead resting against my chin. I wrapped my arms around her as soft words left her mouth. I didn't know what she was saying I only knew she was saying her prayer. She always did before the races. She crossed herself and then I pecked her lips gently.

"Be safe please."

"I'll always be safe Della."

Her thumbs stroked my cheeks gently as she looked me in the eyes. A soft smile on her lips before she pecked my lips and let go of me. We walked out of her office into the garage. She talked to some people while I drove the car to the grid. When I climbed out there I found her quicker then I could even imagine. My eyes are always drawn to her without me realizing. They're always searching for her eyes or any glimpse I can catch of her. I walked to her and we went through the last things. She gave me fist bump before she jogged off to the pit wall. After a few more minutes I climbed in the car once again.

"Radio check to Della?"

"Loud and clear Charles. Have a good race. We'll update you on lap 2."

"Copy that."

The formation lap went fine as I drove in P2 behind Max... just like last year most of the time. I sighed softly as I got into position. The lights went out and I pressed the throttle quickly! I had a good start I knew it because Max and I went tire to tire into the first corner. He had had a bad start and mine was good. I just need to keep this up. If I do... I might get my first win of the 2023 season! I want that so bad. For Della. To pay her for all the extra hours she's putting in to get me at the top.

Coming over the finish line in P2 just a second behind Max was frustrating. Damnit! Again!

"Charles great drive. Your aloud to park behind P1. Verstappen got a 5 second penalty."

"Really?!"

"Yep."

"So I won?!"

"You won the race Charles. Congrats on your first win of the season."

"Our first win Della. Forza Ferrari!"

I parked behind the P1 sign and happily jumped out of my car and into my team. They all gave me taps on my helmets. Della was assigned to come up on the podium with me and I couldn't wait to spray her down in champagne. In the hallway to the drivers room I grabbed her arm pulling her back. There was no one in the hallway and I kissed Della her lips.

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"Working all those extra hours to make me win a race. To get the team on top again."

"You're welcome..."

I pecked her lips again and felt a hand on my shoulder... that's not Della her hand.

"God yourself a gorgeous girl I see? One that's good with cars as well."

Max his voice beamed through my ears. He had a polite smile on his face as he looked at us. Della covered her face with her hands out of embarrassment and groaned softly.

"Don't worry your secret is safe with me guys. I won't snitch on you guys."

"Thanks mate. Appreciate it."

He gave us a nod before he walked into the room. I followed after him while Della did the same. She just stood out of camera view. We went to the podium and got our trophies. We grabbed our champagne and Max and I both went to Della spraying her completely soaked. Her blue jeans were now and her red Ferrari polo sticky to her upper body. Her hair was hanging in soaked strands next to her face as she had a big smile on her face. She loved it it was clear she did. Her clothes that stocked to her body also showed how good looking her physic is. My god she really is shaped like a goddess. It's unbelievable. I knew it already but still... it shocked me once again. After the ceremony I did my media duties. Della would wait in my drivers room for me to come back and then we would go to the hotel together. I was done with media and like always... the same boring questions. Mia and I arrived back at my trailer. She sighed.

"Honestly you make my job so much easier by being single..."

"I do right."

"Yes thanks."

We both laughed before I entered my trailer and saw Della sitting on the couch with a smile.

"Single huh?"

"Shut up."

She laughed softly as she was still wearing her soaked clothes. I had already changed so that was better. We grabbed our stuff and left the circuit to go to the hotel.

(1035 words)