𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖

-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒-

Della and I told the whole Ferrari team about our marriage so that they could help hiding it from the world. It's been a week since we married and today was Friday in Barcelona. Della and I shared a room this weekend because well... we're married so yeah. I woke up with her still sleeping in my arms. I only wore my shorts as her breaths slowly caressed my bare chest sending a tingling sending down my spine. Finally where I wanted her to be. I turned my alarm off and pushed her hair out of her face gently. The light touch of my finger on her face made her stir a little before she opened her eyes. She smiled softly at me as she stretched herself out a bit.

"Morning Cherie."

"Morning."

She pecked my lips before she climbed out of the bed. She wore my shirt that was a little big on her and ended just below her bum. I looked at her until she closed the door of the bathroom. I was biting my lip because damn that girl is gonna be the death of me. I grabbed my phone and scrolled through instagram. After 10 minutes I heard the bathroom open again and I looked up. I saw Della walking into the room with a single white towel wrapped around her frame. Her hair in loose strands hanging next to her face. I locked my phone and just stared at her with a smile on my face. She looked at me and laughed softly.

"Come on we've to get going Charles. We cant be late for free practice. We need the data."

"Mmm..."

She rolled her eyes at my response and I got out of the bed and kissed her cheek before going to the bathroom. I shower at the end of the day after driving the car so I just washed my face and did my hair. I got dressed just like Della did and then we walked to the car together. We ate breakfast at the Ferrari hospitality as rain started falling. Della looked outside and scrunched her nose.

"Yuck... what a shitty weather."

"Wets it is huh?"

"Well I wouldn't want you to go out on slicks no."

"Did you bring your rain coat?"

"No I forgot to get one. Still have to order it but I'll do that today... so I don't forget it."

"You can have mine. It's a little big but it will do."

"What are you gonna wear then?"

"I don't know. I'll use my hoodie to keep me warm. I don't want you sitting in the rain for 2 hours. You'll get sick."

"That's sweet of you but it's better if I get sick then if you get sick."

"I can't wear my rain coat in the car and the rest of the time I'm inside Chérie."

"Valid point but I'm not gonna steal your raincoat from you."

"It's our raincoat."

"Yours."

"What's mine is yours."

"You're gonna pull that card a lot huh?"

"Yes. It works every time and there's no argument back."

I smiled at Della and she softly shook her head. We finished our food and cleaned the table a little bit for the cafetaria staff. I held my rain coat open for Della who sighed but pulled her arms through the sleeves. I would say the coat was 2 sizes too big but I loved seeing her in my stuff. She pulled the zipper up and smiled at me.

"Good luck running through the rain mrs.Leclerc."

"Thank you Charlie."

She kissed my cheek before she walked to the garage while I went to my drivers room. I did my warming up with Andreas and then waited in the garage till we could start. I sat down in the car and connected my radio.

"Radio check?"

"Loud and clear."

I heard Fred respond to me and I was confused. Della is the one who normally replies.

"Where's Della?"

"Quick up and down to the toilet."

"Alrighty."

After a few moments I saw the ginger girl walk into the garage in the mirrors of my car. I stretched out my hand gently and it caught her attention I wasn't wearing my gloves yet so when she softly took my hand when some of the mechanics walked past in front of her I felt her soft skin against my hand. I pulled her hand into the car a little so it wasn't seeable on the tv that I held her hand. I fidgeted with her ring a little bit as I was concentrated on her fingers.

"Are you nervous?"

"A little. I don't like driving in the rain. I know I'm not bad at it but accidents are closer."

She smiled softly at me as her headphones hung around her neck. She squeezed my hand a little bit making me look up into her dark green eyes.

"You'll be fine Charles. We have a whole team looking out for you. Your an excellent driver and if the weather was too bad they wouldn't let the cars out of the pit."

"I know... I love you."

"I love you too Charlie."

She gave my hand one more squeeze as my screens where taken off the car. I saw Della run over the pit lane and quickly sitting down on her chair. She plugged her headphones in and pressed a button.

"Radio check?"

"Loud and clear Della."

She turned her head and gave me a thumbs up with a soft encouraging smile. I wasn't actually nervous for driving in the wet I was scared what people would think if the news came out that we were married. I was scared she would hate the attention and that she would leave me because of the hate she might get. I swallowed as I was signed out and rain droplets fell out of the sky onto my car and my body. Not too long after I was soaking wet and a little cold. Free practice was ended and I did a practice start on the grid and afterwards drove back into the pitlane. They rolled me inside the garage out of the rain. The adrenaline kept me warm while driving but now I'm out of the car I noticed how cold I was. I looked over at the pit wall and saw Della was snuggled up into my jacket. Her hands disappeared in the sleeves as her nose just stuck out above it. She was looking at the pitlane as the last cars came in. When everybody was inside and the pit lane was closed she jumped off her chair and jogged into the garage. She was talking to one of the other engineers as she walked to the hospitality area. She didn't look at me but maybe she did it on purpose to keep it a little less obvious that there might be something going on between us.

(1161 words)

No but I just realized that I've been writing on Wattpad for 2 years now and have published 14 books already🥺🫶🏻! Time flies I guess!