𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

-𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐒-

It's the second day of testing. I was all dressed and ready to head to breakfast but decided to stop by Della's room first. I placed my ear on the door and heard her sing along to a song. She sounded quite happy to be honest.

"SO SUDDENLY I'M IN LOVE WITH A STRANGER! I CAN'T BELIEVE SHE'S MIIINNEEEEE!"

I smiled softly at the sound of her loud singing barely coming out above the song. I decided to not knock because she's probably in her element. I took the elevator to the breakfast room and then selected my food. I sat down at the table and ate together with some other team members. At some point I found myself looked at the door of the room and in that moment Della entered. She had straightened her ginger hair perfectly and had her hair half up in a clip to prevent it from slipping in her face. Her ears were shown off as well now. Showing the piercings she had. She had done her basic/neutral make-up that was minimalistic and just perfect. It showed her freckles that were dotted all over her face and with the sun we had here in Sakhir they were even more brown then before so more visible as well. They always say gingers are either a 0/10 or a 10/10 and well she's definitely a 10/10 if you ask me. She just looks effortlessly all the time. I know it's probably not the case but it looks like she doesn't need to try. She sat down at a table on the other side of the room and smiled at 2 of the other engineers. They had already been talking about something as the files were laying on the table closed. She picked them up and carefully scanned her eyes over it. She showed it to Elias who sat next to her and pointed out a few things. Maybe a few mistakes? I refocused on the people around me and ate my breakfast. When I arrived to track I walked around and saw Della. She sat against the wall on the ground. Her sunglasses in her hair as the slight crack of sunshine that came through in the small paddock was caressing her skin. Her eyes closed as she was enjoying the sun. She was gorgeous... I can't deny that. I guess she's not as stuck up as I thought as well. Yesterday made me change my mind a little about her. I walked further and pulled my eyes away from her. Today was quite a boring day to be honest. I drove the car around in the afternoon with the help of Della. Her voice was so comfortable. I never knew I needed a woman's voice in my cockpit but I just... don't know... I prefer it. Maybe because it's her voice maybe not. After the second day of testing we headed back to the hotel so everyone could get ready for the team dinner. I was wearing my Ferrari suit as I entered the dinning room. There was a long table ready for us. Cards with names were on the tables and I found mine somewhere in the middle. I was sitting next to Fred for this evening. I sat down and looked in front of me to see Della. She was biting her nails as she was reading something on her phone. The light from her phone lid her face as the rest of the room was dimly lid. Carlos sat down next to her. They looked at each other and smiled softly. Della was about to place her phone away when it started ringing. She looked back at her phone again and sighed.

"Excuse me I've to pick this up."

She pulled her chair back as she walked to the exit of the dinning room. She left the room to pick up her call but though the windows of the rented restaurant I could tell she didn't have a nice call with whoever it was. I lost focus on how she felt and was back looking at her. She looked beautiful in her outfit.

Her brown top was hanging loosely around her upper body and showed a tiny bit of cleavage but it looked professional enough especially in combination with the crème pantalon she wore and the heels in the same color of the top

Her brown top was hanging loosely around her upper body and showed a tiny bit of cleavage but it looked professional enough especially in combination with the crème pantalon she wore and the heels in the same color of the top. Her red hair was up in a bun. Strands fell out of the bun which made her look really cute. It embraced her face a little in a good way. After a little while she came back and she smiled at us again. She started talking to Carlos and soon they were laughing loudly together. Carlos had only recently broke up with Isa and I personally think it's too soon for him to look at Della in the way he does. He smiles at her like she's the love of his life. All night they talked. Sometimes with people in the conversation as well but they were in the same conversation the whole night. It kind of pissed me off to be honest. What are they whispering about?! His mouth was inches away from her ear and she could probably feel his stubble brush against her ear. What's wrong with me? Why am I jealous of this. Her eyes switched up to meet mine and a soft smile krept up on her lips as she looked straight into my eyes and took a sip of her white wine. She swirled it around before taking another sip never breaking out eye contact. Carlos looked at me as well I only noticed now. They must have noticed I've been staring at them through the night. Dinner was over and everybody left. Della softly nudged my shoulder as she joined me on my way to my car.

"You were shooting daggers at Carlos and I."

"No I wasn't."

"Yes you were."

"Not true. Why would I shoot daggers at you guys?"

"You tell me."

"Your seeing things."

"I'm not."

"Stop being a brat for once Della. Nobody likes a stuck up daddy-princess."

"Fine."

She stopped walking next to me and turned around. I turned around to look at her and saw her angrily storming away.

"Della come on you know I didn't mean it that way. We're past this stage."

"Get your head out of your ass Leclerc. You think I'm stuck up but you're way worse."

She didn't even turn her head to scream that at me and people walking by stopped to look at us. I titled my head back and groaned before going to my car.

(1117 words)