𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗

-𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀-

It's time for the first Grand Prix of the 2023 season and I'm hella excited. I wore my white jeans with my Ferrari polo and my favorite pair of black all stars. My hair had the perfect blowout again and my sunglasses were in my hair as I walked through the paddock. Yesterday we had qualified P2. Charles and I were stoked about it. I started my day with a lot of meetings and with lunch I talked with Charles about all the plans we had made for the strategie and just everything. After he drove the car to the grid it and formation lap he was all ready to start the first race.

"I'll update you after lap 2... you got this."

"Thanks Della."

I staid silent and watched the beginning of the race. Everything in the face went fine until lap 41... I heard my side of the radio.

"Della? What's happening to the car?"

"I'll look!"

I started looking but couldn't find it now.

"It's the engine! Try to make it back to the pits or stop at a safe place..."

"Copy..."

His voice was disappointed and I got it. I was disappointed as well. Everything was well. We were P3! For gods sake... I sighed before I saw Charles had officially stopped. He safely climbed out of the car and came back to the pits. I went inside the hospitality and immediately climbed behind my laptop. I ruined the first race of the fucking season?! How can I be so stupid! After an hour or so I went to the cafetaria to get something to eat. I skipped down the stairs and walked through the narrow halls. I was looking at my phone when Charles and I bumped into each other both dropping our phones. We both grabbed our phones and softly smiled at each other. We staid silent a little bit looking at one another.

"I'm sorry..."

"For what Della?"

"For the engine failure. I should have seen it coming I didn't check the data correctly and it's just my fault you had a DNF on the first race this season and-"

"Slow down. It's not your fault. You can't do 200 things at a time. I don't blame you... nobody blames you. Only you blame yourself and you shouldn't do that. We'll get there next race okay?"

"Yea... I looked into the data though. It's not bad for the first race week."

"See that's promising right?"

"I guess it is..."

We talked a little bit longer before we parted ways as he had his last media duties to go to and I had data to analyze. Tomorrow we would fly out to Monaco again and 4 days later we would fly to Maranello to get to work again. Multiple people have stopped at my office to talk and after a few big meetings I was almost done for the day. I collected my stuff and went to the hotel. I went down to get some take away food and then went back to my hotel room. I sat down on the bed and reopened my laptop going back to work some more. Around 22 o'clock someone knocked on my door. I looked like literal shit. Wearing sweatpants 2 sized too big with a black top, my hair in a messy bun and my transparent glasses on my nose. I opened the door and saw Charles.

"Oh it's just you. Luckily."

"Luckily huh?"

"Yeah I look like shit so I don't have to feel ashamed about it because you see me like this like what? 24/7 at your apartment."

He nodded his head in a "your right/true" kinda way before he was thinking and came to his point.

"Oh right uhm... we're going out tonight. Do you wanna come?"

"Oh no I'll pass. I'm still doing some work I need to finish."

"So you're telling me you've been at the track since 9AM and at 22PM you're still busy?"

"Yea..."

"You're a workaholic."

"I'm not! I just work hard to achieve my dreams."

"Same thing in this case. Come on loosen up Della. Go out have a drink."

"I'm okay. I'm not a fan of going out."

"Next time you're coming with me. Promise it to me. We need to take you out properly."

"Okay I promise I'll go out clubbing with you sometime but I don't promise when yet!"

"I can live with that."

"Good because you don't have an option."

"See you tomorrow afternoon."

"Till tomorrow. Have fun at the club."

"Thanks Della."

I closed the door behind me and walked to my bed. I sat down cross legged and pulled my laptop on my lap. I was typing when I realized he did have a point actually... here I am on a Sunday evening working my ass off after a long race weekend... I should give myself a little relax time. I finished my e-mail and then got under the shower. I decided to take a long steamy hot shower. Afterwards I did extra long about my skincare routine and brushed my teeth before laying under the duvet and turning my laptop back on for a simple but fun movie... my guilty pleasure movie. "10 things I hate about you" I loved it. It's from 1999 so it's old but I don't know it's something about Kat that I just loooovvveeee. I love how simple it is and how tired I am or how energetic I am I can watch it all day everyday. For the people wondering... no it's not my favorite movie. IT'S MY PERSONALITY! Now that's clear I'll go back to watching it. I laid on my side as I was silently watching and enjoying the movie when my eyes slowly became heavy and I drifted off to a steady well earned sleep.

(980 words)

(Hey guys! I decided to make a tik tok :))! I'll place some sneak peaks from story's on there as well as story ideas I might want to use! Tt: Danique404!)