𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟎

-𝐃𝐄𝐋𝐋𝐀-

Last race of the season. Charles had a chance of winning his first WDC today. If he would score 5 more points then Max does... he's world champion of the 2023 season. Nobody had found out about our marriage besides the Ferrari team and how we kept that quiet for this long is a miracle. Charles sat on his bed in the drivers room as I walked in.

"Hello ma belle."

"Hai Charlie."

He spread his legs a little and tapped the space between his legs. I sat down and rested my back against his chest. I lifted my knees up placing down files against my knees. We talked through them as his hands softly rubbed over the side of my waist. He's so touchy and needy but I love that about him. We've been married for 6 months now and I still got butterflies from this man. Best decision I ever made for sure. When we were done he dropped his head on my shoulder taking in my scent. Like he always told me... it's the best way to calm down for him. Cheesy I know but believe me it's cuter when it happens. Andreas walked into the drivers room and smiled at us.

"Hello to the Leclerc couple."

"Right back at ya."

"So how long till the world will call you Della Leclerc as well?"

"A little longer. Next season maybe?"

"Next season? Cherie I can't keep my mouth shut that long. I want to kiss you in public as well."

"I know. Just a little longer."

"No no no. We're telling them today."

"Let's make a deal. If you get your WDC we will share it... if you don't... you'll have to wait till next season."

"Deal."

I kissed his lips before I walked out of the drivers room so he could start warming up with Andreas in peace. I was wearing Charles his Ferrari zipper sweater. I went to my office to prepare a few tiny things and then walked to the garage. I felt a hand on my back and looked up to see Charles once again. I smiled at him as he gave me a wink and jogged into the garage past me. I giggled softly before I walked through the busy garage taking my seat at the pit wall. We radio checked before he drove out to the grid. When he was back out of the car I looked for him.

"I'm scared Del."

"Of what? It's just another race. Yes there's a WDC on the line but whatever you do just enjoy your time okay? We'll be proud of you anyway. So try your best but don't make a stupid mistake okay? You got this."

I smiled at him as I saw some of his tension leave his frame. I gave him a soft wink before returning to the pit wall. Before climbing onto my chair I mouthed a 'love you' towards him and then sat down. We did our radio check and then quietly waited for the cars to start after their formations. I felt my hands shaking as I was saying my prayer before I heard the loud engines disappear into the distance. I opened my eyes again seeing that Charles had kept his P2 position for now. Only overtake Max now Charles and keep it up... that's all we need to do and at lap 37 he did! He overtook Max and the whole Ferrari team started screaming out of happiness.

"Good job! Keep it up!"

"Copy!"

His answer was short and his voice sounded like the nerves were eating him alive with a little excitement mixed because he overtook Max. The laps remaining were all leaded by Charles and when he came over the finish line I pushed the radio button in again!

"Congrats world champ!"

"OH MY GOD! WE DID IT!"

He remained screaming for a little longer before he parked behind the 1st place sign. I disconnected my radio and placed my headphones away as I was last of the team to go to the parc ferme. I was jogging towards the rest of the team when I saw Charles sprinting full speed towards me followed by 2 camera mans. He picked me up in his speed and spun me around half a circle. My back now facing the camera's as he had placed me back on the ground but his arms still wrapped around my waist. His visor down but I clicked it up seeing his eyes already on mine. I laid my hands on the sides of his helmet as I smiled at him.

"You fucking did it Charlie."

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he picked me up in that exact moment again. When he placed my down again I unclasped his helmet and he pulled it off. He removed his earplugs and balaclava as well pushing them into his helmet before wrapping his free hand around me pushing me close to him. He kissed my lips lovingly as my hands cupped his cheeks. Feeling his stubble against my hands.

"You need to shave mr Leclerc."

"Mmm because you said so mrs Leclerc."

I laughed at his response as he pulled me closer to him and wrapped his arm around my waist as we walked to the rest of the team again. The team let me go through so I was standing at the front. Charles weighted himself before pulling on his cap and walking to the interview.

"What a race Charles! How are you feeling?"

"Never been better to be honest. It was my dream to become a world champion and I achieved that now. I could retire happy but of course we're gonna try to get more!"

"What about the passionate kiss with your engineer, Della Dubois, just a second ago? Did that make it all better?"

"It did make it all better. I have to correct you though. Della Leclerc."

"You want to marry her huh?"

"We are married."

He pointed to his ring finger of the hand that held the microphone and you could hear sounds going through the public. I smiled at him as he looked at me.

"Wauw! You guys kept it a good secret then! Congratulations on your win, world championship and on your marriage."

"Thank you."

He gave the public a wave and a smile before walking to me. He kissed my temple before walking to the drivers live room.

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐃

(1082 words)