Chapter 39

Michelle's POV

I sighed nervously as I fixed my hair in the mirror and Arizona walked up behind me and said, "You look beautiful Michie. Relax. She's gonna think you look stunning because you do." I giggled at Arizona as I say, "Thanks Arizona." I heard a knock on the door as I say, "Come in." I watched the door open as my mom held a bouquet of pink roses I smiled and go to hug her as I say, "Mom! I'm so glad you made it.  I thought you were working tonight." She reciprocated my hug as she said, "I was supposed to be working, but I was actually working on a surprise for you. Come down stairs will you." We released from the hug as I gave her a look of confusion before I nodded and followed her downstairs. I hit the final step and walked into the room. There he was. I started tearing up as I tackled the man in the army blue uniform as I yelled, "Dad you're home!?" He laughed as he hugged me right and spun us in a circle saying, "I wouldn't miss this for the world baby girl." He placed me down as he stepped back and said, "You look gorgeous." My blonde hair was in beautiful curls in a half up half down look. I was wearing a black dress with red heels, light make up with gold stars painted beside my winged eye liner and red lipstick.

I smiled as I asked, "How did you do all this?" My mom smiled as she said, "It's why I couldn't make it to help you with your makeup

I smiled as I asked, "How did you do all this?" My mom smiled as she said, "It's why I couldn't make it to help you with your makeup. It was the earliest flight he could get. And I knew I would have to be at the airport right when he landed if I wanted to make it here on time. I'm sorry I wasn't here but I hope this makes up." I tackled my mom in a hug with tears in my eyes as I say, "You're the best Ma. Thank you so much." She hugged me with a huge smile on her face and as we released she said, "Well your girls waiting on you. Your father and I will be here after you're done. Let me know when you done we can grab food at Denny's." I smiled happily as I say, "I can't wait. Will y'all drive me to Emily's?" My dad put his arm around my mom as he said, "Of course kiddo. You ready to go?" I nodded my head before I walked over to my aunt Kate as I hugged her she said, "You look beautiful Michie. Have fun tonight. No drinking!" As we released I giggled at her before saying, "Yea like I'd be stupid enough to get in trouble a week before regionals which I'm so excited for." She chuckled as she turned to my dad she asked, "You gonna be here for the competition." He smiles as I go over to hug him as he says, "I'll be there. I can't wait to see your duet Michie." I clap my hands excitedly as I squeeze my dad in a hug saying, "I'm so happy you're here." My dad hugs me back as he says, "Come on beautiful girls. Your girl is waiting for you." I smile excitedly as I walked towards the car with my Dad and Mom thinking I'm so happy he's home.

James and I had planned it out so we could pick up the girls at the same time. He looked at me as he said, "You look beautiful Michelle." I smile as I look over James, he was wearing a black suit, with a light blue tie that matches Riley's dress, and his hair was freshly cut. I smile as I say, "And you look very handsome James." He smiles as he points to the door saying, "Shall we." I nod before we both walked up to the door and he knocked. Mr. Beaton opened the door he was dressed in a black suit he smiled at me as he said, "Wow Michelle you look beautiful. James you don't look so bad. Finally got a haircut I see." We laugh along with Mr. Beaton before we both give our thanks to his compliments. As James and I walked into the living room I could help but be star struck by how beautiful Emily looked. I stuttered over my words before I say, "Wow Em you look gorgeous. I love the dress and what you did with your hair. You look beautiful Em." Emily gushed at my words as she said, "You don't look so bad yourself. You look gorgeous Michie." She placed her hand on my cheek as she came closer examining my eyes she asked with concern laced in her voice, "Michie were you crying?" I nodded as I said, "Happy tears my love. My dads home." Emily wrapped me in a hug exclaiming happily, "Michelle that's awesome. I'm so glad he's here." She released me and I finally looked over to Riley as I say, "Ok Bestie pop off. You look beautiful." Riley and I did our handshake as she said, "Thanks Mich. You look beautiful too. I love how we all matched our make up a little bit. And I love how Emily's dress is a mixture of yours and hers. She put a lot of thought into it." I nodded in agreement saying, "Yea I told her the color I was planning to get and she said she was gonna do a red black so I got red lipstick to match with her." Mr. Beaton cleared his throat before saying, "You all look lovely can we get a quick group photo." We all lined up and did photos for a few minutes before I said, "Wait can I get my parents real quick I want a picture with them too." They nodded before I texted my parents to come in. They came inside said hello and had conversation before I took pictures with them and they complimented Emily. I was so happy. Finally Emily and I took pictures together and we kissed. I giggled shyly afterwards before saying, "That's gonna be my new screen savor." Emily giggled at me and said, "Mines too." My dad cleared his throat as he asked, "Is everybody ready to go?" We all cheered excitedly before we walked hand in hand outside ready to have a good time at the Winter Ball.