Chapter 3

Michelle's POV

Emily and her friends seem super cool. I chuckle as Tiffany continues to bicker with Emily. I'm kinda worried about my dad. I check my phone real quick to see if he or my mom texted. I texted my mom real quick.

~~Mamma Bear~~

M: Hey mom. Auditions are going great. Aunt Kate and Chris are deciding now. Did dad say if he checked in or not yet?

MB: Nothing yet sweetie, but don't worry about it. I'm sure everything is ok and I'm proud of you sweetie. I know you'll make the team. I love you baby cub.

M: Mom!!!! Lol. I love you too Mamma Bear.

"Hey," Emily says, I smile at her and ask, "Time to order?" She nods and asks, "What would you like?" I smile as I say, "Mango." She nods. I give her the cash and she tells Tiff what our order is and the two of us go and sit down while the others order there drinks. "Who were you texting?" I chuckle as I ask, "Not that discreet huh?" Emily shakes her head and says, "Nope. So? Or is that too personal?" I giggle and say, "Not too personal. And" as I'm talking the rest of the girls come and sit with us. I'm sitting beside Emily and across from me is Steph and Tiffany. Beside Emily is Riley. Beside me is Chloe and across from Chloe is Giselle. Tiffany interrupts me and says, "So what are we talking about?" Emily chuckles as she says, "I'm finding out who Michelle is mysteriously texting." Emily giggles and it's music to my ears I glance at her then look at everyone else and say, "It was my mom." I laugh at there facial expressions as they all ask, "Really?" I nod in confirmation then after a sip of my drink which is really good further explain, "Well we just moved here and my dads in the Army. He texts me whenever he checks in with his commanding officer but I haven't heard from him so I was asking my mom. He's my dad and since umm I don't have any siblings I'm close to him. I'm always a worried when he doesn't check in and it's the same for me or so he says." Chloe nods as she says, "It makes sense. So are you from Madison or where were you born?"

Emily's POV

The girls start asking Michelle questions. It's kinda sad that she worries about her dad. I tune back into the conversation and Michelle answers Chloe's question by saying, "I am from Madison, Wisconsin I was born there. What happened was umm when I was 5 my dad moved us to California. That was hot. At 10 we moved to Louisiana at 13 Madison, Wisconsin again and 15 here." "That's cool," Tiffany says, "You got to see a bit of America." I nod in agreement and as I'm sipping my cherry and mango mix Michelle says, "I agree it is but I also hate it. I move away from my friends constantly and my family. Because of the moving my aunt doesn't even know who I am." "That's sad,"Giselle chimes in. I feel bad for her. I wish she didn't have that hard. Michelle's phone start to ring and she glances at it before getting up and saying, "I'll be back in like 5 minutes. My dad doesn't usually take long." I nod in understanding before I say, "Mich, take your time. It's ok." Michelle walk away after smiling at me and answers her phone I've got one eye on her and the other on the girls.

The girls start talking about Michelle as Tiffany looks at me and asks, "Mich?" I shrug in response and say, "What? She needs a nickname." Tiffany gets upset and asks, "Are you making friends with the enemy?" I look at her confusingly and say, "She's not the enemy she's new here. And we treat all new people with respect Tiff. If you don't like that I suggest you scram." Tiffany looks at me surprised and so does everyone else except for Riley. She's got this know it all smirk on her face as Tiffany  says, "I'm telling you she's bad news. She's gonna break this team apart." I instantly get angry as I say, "No Tiff you will. Michelle is new here and you saw her solo she was amazing you think she's a diva, but look at her Tiffany look at the way she was kind to all of us." Everyone is looking at me confusingly except for Riley she's got a smirk on her face that says, "I know your biggest secret." And considering the fact that she's my sister she pretty much does know my biggest secret. Tiffany looks at me as she says, "You do know she could come for your captaincy. Right?" I nodded as I said, "I'll take my chances. Although I would love to be dance captain again this year it's all on Miss Kate and Chris. If they think she's right for the job so be it. I just want this team to do its best at Regionals so we can go to Nationals." Tiffany looks star stricken like I've said something wrong. I don't even know where that came from. As the rest of the gang starts talking Riley texts me.

~~Ri~~

Ri: What was that all about?

E: What do you mean Ri?

Ri: Don't act all confused Em. You stood up for her. Something you won't generally do. You would usually feel threatened by her.

E: Riles, I'm not gonna lie I'm scared she could take my spot on A-Troupe cause she's that good, but idk we'll talk more when we get home.

Ri: Ok. Love ya sis.

E: Love you too. Forever and Always.

Michelle's POV

I had finished my call a few minutes ago and I was gonna go sit with them but I heard Tiffany talking about me and I wanted to know what the rest of them thought. "I'm telling you she's bad news. She's gonna year this team apart," I heard Tiffany say. I sigh why does everyone always assume the worst. "No Tiff you will," says Emily she looks angry as she continues saying, "Michelle is new here and you saw her solo she was amazing you think she's a diva, but look at her Tiffany look at the way she was kind to all of us." I was shocked by Emily's answer it was sweet of her to stand up for me. Tiffany gets upset then smirks as she says, "You do know she could come for your captaincy. Right?" Emily smiles and chuckles as she says, "I'll take my chances. Although I would love to be dance captain again this year it's all on Miss Kate and Chris. If they think she's right for the job so be it. I just want this team to do its best at Regionals so we can go to Nationals." They all looked star stricken -except Riley- and I gotta say me too, but I start giggling cause there faces are hilarious. I head back towards the group and ask, "What I miss?" I sit beside Emily and gave her a smile as a thank you and she dips her head to the side as Riley said, "Nothing much just talking." I nod as I say, "Cool." We get back into a conversation as they ask me little stuff like how's California and Wisconsin. I tell them a little more about the places I've lived as we keep a steady conversation. After about ten more minutes I see West come over and say, "Hey guys. Chris and Kate are about to put the list up." Everyone excitingly gets up and starts walking behind of West. Except for myself and Emily. I start picking up the trash and she helps me and asks, "So nervous to check?" I chuckle as I nod my head and say, "I don't know why but I want this so badly." Emily smiles at me reassuringly and says, "Don't worry. We'll both make it." I nod my head and after we clean up our area the girls and I were sitting in we walk up to Studio A.