Chapter 4

Michelle's POV

Once we reach Studio A Emily and the E-girls split off from me. I stood nervously I couldn't help fidget with my phone then I turn on my phone and see my screen savor. Mateo. It was a picture of me and my older brother Mateo. He signed up for the Army, but they called him as MIA (Missing In Action). We were told to presume he was dead and I didn't want to have anymore hope that when someone rang the doorbell it'd be him. I miss you Mateo. I touched the screen and I can't help but feel eyes on me I look up and there they were. Those beautiful ocean eyes I could get lost in. She smiles at me as gives me two thumbs up. I smile at her and nod. I got this. No need to be sad.

Aunt Kate and Chris walk out. Chris posts the list up and says, "Congratulations to those who made it. If you didn't remember there is always next year and to do your best." Everyone -myself included- ran towards the list all trying to see who made it. I ran my finger down the page as it said:

James
Daniel
Eldon
West
Tiffany
Riley
Chloe
Stephanie
Emily
Michelle

Holy shit! I made it. Yes. Oh my god yes. I can't believe it. A couple people like Beth look sad. Then I look at Giselle oh no. She didn't make it. I feel like I took her spot. Emily and Riley were hugging which made me smile and once Riley releases her I hug her. I don't know why, but I did. Once we release we look at each other confusingly than I back away. Why did I do that? Why am I so attracted to her? Ugh this is so confusing. Tiffany looks angrily at me then whips Giselle's eyes and says, "Don't worry. You deserve to be on A-Troupe. The E-girls and I will find a way to get you back on the team." Giselle nods and I think oh shit. She'll be coming after me. This is not going to be good.

After we do a group dance Aunt Kate dismisses us for the day. As everyone starts leaving I finish up packing my bag then Emily sits on the bench beside me. I'm so ecstatic to be here. I mean love dancing it's just always been apart of me and I can't wait to go to Regionals. This year will be great. I have a good feeling about this place. Emily looks at me and smiles I smile back at her as she says, "Congrats. You deserved it. Here's my number. If you get bored or need someone to talk to I'm here." Emily hands me her number and I smile and she gets up and walks down the hall past my mom I say, "Thanks Em. I'll text you." She sends me a final wave before she disappears down the hall. "Hey sweetheart." My mom says as she kisses my forehead. "Hey mom. I made it." My mom smiles brightly as she says, "I knew you could do it Michie. I'm so proud of you." I put on my shoes and say, "So time to talk to Kate." My mom nods as she says, "Time to talk to Kate."

I knock on Aunt Kate's door and she looks at me and smiles as she says, "Michelle come on in and this is your.......Morgan." My mom waves at her as she says, "Hey Katie. I missed you sis." Aunt Kate gets up as she hugs my mom. They're both smiling and I'm happy to see that. Although it makes me long for the days where I could hug Mateo. I miss him. I snap back into reality as my mom and Aunt Kate separate and as Aunt Kate says, "I missed you too. Why didn't you tell me you were coming back? Wait. This is Michie. I thought your name was Michelle." I chuckle as I say, "My names Michelle however Mateo nicknamed me Michie cause he always thought it sounded cute and short like me." Aunt Kate and mom started laughing then Aunt Kate said, "Ah Mateo. I miss that kid. I had no idea Michelle. I'm so sorry." I chuckled as my mom said, "Honestly that was kinda the point. We wanted to make sure auditions were fair and we didn't anyone to think you had a biased opinion." Aunt Kate nodded in agreement and asked, "So Michelle, what was going on with you Emily?" I chuckle and smile as I thought about the blue eyed girl and said, "Nothing she was just being nice which I'm super thankful for. She gave me her number so I'm gonna text her tonight. It's cool that I'm already making friends." Aunt Kate nodded in agreement and said, "It's just weird cause usually she would see girls like you as a threat." "Hmm," that made me think. I wanted to get to know her but would it cost me in the future. I'll take my chances. Aunt Kate and my mom struck up a conversation as I scroll through my phone. Then I typed in Emily's number.