Chapter 22

Emily's POV

I was waiting by Michelle's locker talking with Riley and scrolling through Instagram. Yesterday had passed quickly for me as I was finishing The Great Gatsby and sleeping for the most part and I was already re-caught up in all my classes thanks to Riley and Michelle. She had texted me earlier this morning saying she got a ride with West and James so Riley and I were just waiting around for the boys and Michelle to come inside. As Riley was filling me in on all that was happening at the Studio Stephanie and Tiffany approached us. Steph smiled at me as she said, "Hey Em. Hey Riley." I hesitantly smiled at them before Tiffany said, "Look Steph and I are really sorry about the way we've been acting. No one deserved to be treated the way we treated you two and Emily I'm sorry for blackmailing you into doing something that wasn't right." Steph nodded in agreement saying, "I'm sorry too. We thought we were doing things for your best interest as captain, but after seeing how Michelle covered for you she was amazing. Any way could you forgive us?" I looked at Riley who nodded and I nodded as well with a smile on my face. They enveloped me in a group hug as I said, "Can't stay mad at my best friends anyway." Everyone giggled before we released we heard someone clear their throat. I smiled at Michelle as I said, "Morning Michie." She smiled slightly before nodding her head and saying, "Mind if I get into my locker? I don't wanna be late to Rooney's class." I looked at her questioningly before I nodded and moved out of the way. She tossed her bag in her locker taking out a pencil, her copy of 1984, and her notebook. As she was grabbing her stuff I looked her up and down and she looked good as always. She was wearing her white jeans, a pink hoodie, her black low top converse, and her hair was loosed into the beautiful curls I loves. Once she closed her locker Tiffany and Stephanie stood in her way. Michelle looked at them with an eyebrow raised as she asked, "What's up?" Tiffany sighed as she said, "We just wanted to apologize to you. For getting into that fight, saying what I said, all of it. We're sorry." Stephanie nodded in confirmation before Michelle said, "Don't worry it's all in the past. You're forgiven." They smiled at each other before they hugged as well. Michelle smiled at me before saying, "You look a lot better." I chuckled as I said, "And here I thought I looked like a goddess when I was sick." Everyone chuckled before James ran up to us and said, "Sup ladies. Michelle mind if we steal you for a minute. We got that thing." Her eyes went big before she nodded and said, "Right that. I'll see you guys in class." James ran to meet up with West and Giselle, but before Michelle ran to join up with them she smiled at me and said, "See you later, beautiful." She kissed my cheek before running off to join with the boys and my hand rested where she kissed me leaving me in a pure bliss.

Riley, Tiff, Steph and I were all eating lunch together. Michelle texted saying she would catch up once she finished talking to Mr.Molina about a Spanish grade. I was halfway through my salad when Stephanie asked, "Hey Riley. What up with James?" She shrugged before saying, "He's so confusing. One minute we're laughing and dancing together and enjoying ourselves, but he hasn't asked me to homecoming yet." I shrugged saying, "There's still time just be patient." As I finished eating my salad Tiffany asked, "So Emily what's going on with you and Michelle?" I shrugged before saying, "I honestly don't know. I confessed to her but the girl completely froze up. It was the most humiliating thing I've ever done." The girls all laughed at me before Stephanie said, "Well your girls about to make it up to you." Before I even had a chance to question what she said Stephanie and Tiffany stood up and grabbed my hand and Riley's to drag us to the middle of the cafeteria. Where we both saw Michelle and James, Michelle had a mic in her hand and James was sitting behind a drum set. I had no idea he could play, but I knew Michelle had a voice. The stage was set with a mixture of A-Troupe, B-Troupe and J-Troupe. I smiled at Michelle as she waved to me and said, "Hey everyone there's a special girl out there who I have an important question for." James interrupted with a smirk on his face saying, "As do I, but first a song for those special girls."