Chapter 27

Michelle's POV

Emily and I were currently in Miss Kate's office trying to brainstorm ideas for costumes after finding out our costumes were in Arizona. Miss Kate told us not to worry, but the costumes put the dance over the top. As I sat in Miss Kate's office Emily smiled at me as she said, "Speaking of costumes we still have to get our dresses for the Winter Ball." I smiled as Emily kissed my cheek before saying, "You could wear a trash bag or even your pajamas and I'd still think you're the most beautiful woman out there Em." Emily blushed as she stood to hug me from behind and kissed my cheek before saying, "As would you Michie." I smiled as I stood up and kissed her, after I said, "Alright back to the costumes."

After a long rehearsal Emily and I had decided to treat the dancers to juices from Squeezed. We were all sitting at a table talking as Giselle said, "So Kate and Chris just said to wait because they're on their way." Emily and I both nodded as Emily said, "Yeah she said she's sure it's gonna reach before the regionals competition." After she was done I tickled her side causing her to giggle and look up at me as I was standing behind where she was sitting at the bar stools and kissing the crook of my neck which caused me to smile. "Get a room you two," West called out jokingly as he sat across from us. I looked down at Emily with an eyebrow raised as she said, "Maybe we should." Everyone laughed as my cheeks turned into a rose pink tint, and I buried my head into the crook of Emily's neck; as I assumed she gave them one of her deathly glares because they stopped laughing and proceeded to change the subject as I got a kiss on my cheek. Everyone smiled at us as Steph said, "You guys are so cute. I'm so happy you finally figured it out." Everyone stared at me as I chuckled awkwardly and rubbed the back of my head saying, "Yeah that was my fault. Huh?" Everyone nodded in agreement as I checked the time it was 5pm on a Friday. I looked at Emily before whispering in her ear, "Wanna go look for our Homecoming dresses today?" She smiled excitedly and said, "Hell yes. Let's do it." Everyone looked at her confusingly as I said, "Homecoming shopping today guys?" Everyone smiled as they voiced their agreements. So we packed up our stuff hopped into our cars and headed to the mall.

We had been walking around the mall goofing off for an hour. The boys had already picked out black suits and us girls well let's just say we are still having a hard time deciding. It's around 7 and we all decided to grab some food from the food court. I pull out a chair for Emily before sitting beside her with our tray of food from Edo Japan a Japanese fast food chain in Canada. We both got a plate of Teriyaki Chicken with white rice and egg rolls as did some people of the team. As we ate my arm was slung around Emily and I looked to Giselle and asked, "Ellie, have you heard anything at all from Daniel?" Giselle shook her head no sadly before saying, "He completely shut me out and his mom told me he doesn't want to talk to me. I thought I could catch him at school but his mom said he's doing it all online." Emily sighed sadly as she said, "He'll come around eventually." I nodded in agreement as I heard a voice from behind me say, "Well well well, if it isn't the second best team in our town," Amanda said. I rolled my eyes as I stood up facing her a cocky smirk was on her lips as she scanned over Emily and I who stood up as well holding my hand. She chuckled as she said, "Look what we got here, a couple of lesbos," the rest of her team giggled as I rolled my eyes the rest of our team standing as Tiffany said, "What do you want Amanda? Need us to school you in a little dance battle?" She rolled her eyes hand placed on her hip as she said, "Oh please. Elite can beat you in their sleep. How about a little wager though?" Everyone was sure about this except for me, I felt as though she was definitely going to try something with me and I did not want that to happen; Emily and I are in a really good place right now. Heck I'm planning on asking her to be my girlfriend after our regionals competition. Amanda smirked at me as she said, "If we win at regionals Michelle leaves The Next Step and joins us at Elite." Everyone looked shocked as Emily and I both yelled, "What? Hell no." Tiffany smirked as she said, "And if we win you have to try out for our Nationals team." As the two shook on it Em and I were left awe struck. As Amanda passed me by she chuckled as she kissed my cheek before saying, "Later Mich." I gagged as I wiped my cheek multiple times to get rid of the devils spawns kiss off of me. Emily looked at me confusingly before walking away towards the bathroom, before leaving to follow her I looked to Tiffany and say, "If you ruin my relationship I'm going to make it my personal mission to make your life a living hell." I ran off in the direction of Emily as I said, "Em, Em wait."

I couldn't find Emily and I was searching the whole mall when I got a text from Riley. I sat at a near by bench as I replied to her.

Riley🤓⭐️

Ri: Just got a text from Em, she walked home, and says not to worry and to call her tmrw morning

M: Tmrw? Y tmrw?

Ri: Maybe she wants to be alone?

M: Idc. I just want her to be ok. And for us to be ok. I feel like I'm letting her down.

Ri: Tell her that. Not me, but I'll txt her and tell her to call u tonight.

M: Thanks Ri. Do u need a ride back or u gonna go with James?

Ri: I'll go with James. U be safe getting home. See you at practice tmrw and no problem.

M: 😊

I looked at my phone frustratingly as I thought about Emily and what happened between Amanda and I. I mean I wiped it off as soon as she left me alone and I definitely wasn't expecting that. My eyes were only on her, I could careless about who's in front of me when she's around. I looked at my lock screen picture of Emily and I smiled.

Riley always said we looked like we wanted to kiss in that picture

Riley always said we looked like we wanted to kiss in that picture. We were so intense at the end of our duet and our intensity was still in play after we changed and Riley said it'd make for a picture so we posed and that was the result. It's funny how a picture says a thousand things anyone with two eyes could see how much I feel for Emily in this one picture. I turned off my phone realizing I should probably head home considering tomorrow was an early dance practice and I was going to be exhausted.

I walked into my house and smiled at Aunt Kate as she asked, "Hey kiddo. Find any dress you like?" I smiled as I nodded saying, "Yeah I found this gorgeous black dress it goes to my knees and it's perfect and Emily's own is black and red so that we're matching a little bit and it's beautiful Aunt Kate, she's beautiful. But I don't even know if she's still going to homecoming with me." I joined Aunt Kate on the couch once I was done my rant and she looked at me confusingly before asking, "What happened?" I sighed as I rolled my eyes in annoyance at the thought and said, "Amanda Fabbro kisses my cheek and Emily was right there. I wiped it off as soon as she left but I didn't even know she kissed my cheek. I was too busy staring at Emily." At that Aunt Kate immediately started laughing loudly with little fits of snorts in between. I rolled my eyes as I heard a knock on the front door so I got up to answer and there standing in my doorway was my blonde blue eyed beauty.