Chapter 6

Emily's POV

~~Michie😊~~

Michie: Hey I'm ready when you are.

E: Cool. Just waiting for Riley. Be there in 5 tho.

Michie:👍

I put my phone in my back jeans pocket as I stopped in front of my standing mirror. I had decided to wear my black jeans, my blue flowing tank top with my black vans and I decided to braid my blonde hair. Perfect. I grab my school bag and dance bag for after school. Today's going to be a really long day on top of the fact that I think we're picking dance captains today. I hope I get to be dance captain again. I knock on Riley's door before I head down stairs. "Riley come on let's get going. Mom left the car for us." I could hear her yell as I head downstairs, "I'm just putting my shoes on. Sis make me a coffee and bagel with cream cheese." I thought about it before I checked my wallet and said, "We'll stop for Starbucks." I saw her running down the stairs as I grab my keys and said, "Hurry Michelle's waiting. Don't forget your dance bag." As if a light bulb went off in Riley's head she runs upstairs and grabs it. "Sis it's our first day on A-Troupe. Did you forget already?" I asked as I facepalm myself before I head to the car. My mom drives a Subaru Impreza which is perfect for our family of four. I turn on the car as I wait for Riley and I send Michelle a text.

~~Michie😊~~

E: Hey. I'm in the car just waiting for Riley.

Michie: Want me to walk over?

E: Your choice. You have your dance bag right?

Michie: Yeah I do. I'm coming. Be there in 3.

Riley tossed her bags in the trunk and said, "Alright. I'm ready. Did you text Michelle?" I look up from my phone then hand her a breakfast shake as I say sarcastically, "No. No I didn't." She rolled her eyes before I said, "She should be here......,"a knock on the window was heard, "Now." I pop the trunk and grab her breakfast shake as I open my door and say, "Morning Michie." Michelle had placed her bag in the trunk and closed it. I instantly blushed as I saw her outfit for the day. She looked cute for her first day. Cute? Cute?! I don't think anyone's cute what the fuck is wrong with me. She was wearing a black leather jacket under it was a white t-shirt, a baby pink skirt, her beautiful blonde hair was naturally curled, and she was wearing her low top white converse from yesterday. "Em? Emily?" she was waving her hand in front of my face. How embarrassing. Emily fucking snap out of it. I thought before I finally snapped out of it. "I'm sorry Michie. What were you saying?" Riley laughed as she watched the interaction from the front seat. Michelle giggled before she said, "Not much. Morning Em and you look good. Blue suits you." I smiled as I open the back door for her and say, "Thanks. Oh I made Riley and I breakfast smoothies and I thought you would like one. It's mango like yesterdays. Also you might want to finish quick cause we're gonna stop at Starbucks. Don't worry it's my treat as a welcome to Toronto." Michelle took the smoothie then sat in the car as she put on her seat belt she said, "Thanks Emily. You're really thoughtful." I smile as I close the door and put on my seat belt before I say, "Only for people I think are important to me."

Riley gives me a questioning look that said, "Are you stupid or fucking retarded?" I honestly for a second completely forgot that she was here. She turned to look behind the seat at Michelle and said, "Hey. I'm the annoying sister Riley." "Emphasis on annoying," I joked as I pulled the car out of the drive way. Michelle chuckled then smiled as she said, "Oh yeah I remember you got smoothies with us. Nice to meet you I'm Michelle." Riley smiled as she said, "Ah yes the new girl. It's nice to meet you too." I started driving to Starbucks not too far a fifteen minute walk but a 5 min drive. Happily it was on the way to school. Riley had plugged in my phone to listen to music and as Wings by Mackelmore played. Michelle had went on her phone, but as soon as she heard the song she looked up from her phone and said, "This song is so slept on. It's such a beautiful song." Riley turned around to face her and asked, "You listen to Mackelmore?" She nodded then Riley smiled and said, "Looks like we have a friendship in the making. You are going to be my best friend."

As I drove to school after stopping for Starbucks we made light conversation. Once I reached I checked the time 7:45. Got here a lot earlier than I thought. I parked in the upper lot and stretched once I got out of the car. Riley hands me my phone and wallet I stick the two in my back pockets as I hit the button my keys to pop the trunk. I grab my coffee and slam my front door. Michelle had already grabbed her school bag and was going to grab her dance bag before I say, "Leave it in there. We can all head over to dance together." She smiled as she grabbed my school bag than said, "Thanks Em." Riley grabbed hers as I take mines from Michelle and said, "No problem Mich." The three of us started to walk towards the entrance of Jefferson High. Once we reach Riley says, "Welcome to Jefferson High, Michelle." Michelle laughs and I don't know why, but it made me smile. Ugh I hate this feeling, but I love it at the same time. We walked into the office and I smiled at the woman at front desk and we started talking and I told her about Michelle and how she's the new girl at school. Mrs. Carlton handed Michelle a stack of papers then said, "I'll give you three girls passes so you can show her around." Riley and I nodded then said, "Thanks Mrs. Carlton have a good day." Mrs. Carlton smiled at the girls then said to Michelle, "Welcome to Jefferson High sweetie. Have a good first day," Michelle smiled at the woman saying, "Thanks."

We exited into the halls of Jefferson High. I looked to Riley then said, "Locker first." The two girls chuckled as Riley said, "Definitely. Tiff and Steph are gonna meet us there. Chloe said she had to talk to one of the teachers about a grade." I nodded and said, "Alright. Michelle, you ready for your first day at Jefferson High." She sent a nervous smile my way then said, "As long as I got friends like you I think I'd be ready for anything." I laugh and grab her hand before I say, "Don't worry. You got me and Riley no going back now." We start walking towards her locker as Riley and I point out certain things. Once we reached Michelle put in her code and Steph and I did our best friend hand shake before we head to our lockers. Our lockers weren't too far from each other thanks to Mrs. Carlton and Riley's and Chloe's were right beside Michelle's. We got lucky I guess. Tiff's was right beside Steph they have always been closer than Tiff and I. We've all been friends since we were kids. Giselle included, I'm honestly happy I have a couple classes with her. I'm gonna miss her at dance. "Yo. Hey Em, hey Steph," Tiff says as she opens her locker, "Hey Tiff. I'm sorry for getting mad at you yesterday at dance. We cool?" I ask hoping for our friendship to stay solid. She smiles at me through her mirror than says, "Always." I smile before turning the corner to Michelle's locker then asked, "You settled Mich?" I fixed my black back pack strap as she nodded and smiled at me through the mirror before she closed her locker. "Hey its fresh meat," I heard from Tiffany. No, no no, no, no. Ugh for fuck's sake why can't everyone just get along.