Chapter 7

Chapter 7

~Charlie

3 Weeks Later

Prod pulled up to the school parking lot that was swarming with teens. The whole ride to school was silent. After turning off the car, Prod looked at me and I looked at him. He leaned in for a kiss, but I turned my head making him kiss my cheek. He sighed heavily ad slumped back into his chair.

“I’m guessing you don’t want me to walk you to class today either.” He mumbled looking out the windshield. I lightly shook my head when he looked my way. As if possible, his face saddened even more.

I quickly grabbed my things and hurried out of the car. I hated seeing him like this but, girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

“Hey boo!” Ahleesha hugged me and shook me side to side. I smiled slightly but quickly pulled away.

“Hey-”

“How you been?”

“I’m ok. Look I got to go. Wouldn’t want to be late.”

“But we have like 20 minutes.”

“Bye!” I ran into the school and straight to my class. Sigh.

~Prod~

“It’s no use. She’s avoiding us.’ As much as I didn’t want to believe it, Leesha was right Ever since the day mark said she was a slut and a hoe, she’s been distant.

“I just want to know why she’s pushing us away,” I sighed. Can’t she see we want to be there for her?”

“There’s no telling what’s going on in her head.”

I shook my head and walked into the school building trying to figure out why Charlie didn’t want us around anymore.

“Bro, what’s up?” Oh shit. I’m in homeroom? TF? “Dude! Are you ok? You look constipated.” I looked over to find my buddy Jacob looking at me.

“Huh?”

“I ask if you was alright. First you looked depressed then you kinda looked like you were backed up.”

“Oh naw. It’s just Charlie.”

“Oh yeah. Yo home girl. I haven’t seen yall together as much.”

Well here we go.

“Not my choice. She’s been distancing herself I had to force her to ride to school with me today.”

“Whoa. Dude. I thought you were going to say ride you.” He chuckled. I just smirked thinking back to 3 years ago.

“You’re so stupid.”

“Whatever. But maybe she just needs some time alone. Ya’know to deal with the rumors.”

“There is more than one?” I questioned I thought that people were only calling her names.

“Yeah bro. Now people are saying she got HIV and AIDS and shit.”

“WHAT!? WHO THE FUCK STARTED THAT SHIT!”

“Mr. Crippen! Watch your language!” Mrs. Berkins said. Right now I couldn’t care less about my language to be honest.

“Bro that your girl. How come you didn’t know about this?” I stiffened at ‘your girl’. For some reason it made my stomach feel weird but my rage overpowered it.

“His ass is so dead…”

<><><><><><><><><><><><>