Chapter 5

Chapter 5

[Charlie’s House; 11:32pm]

~Prod

“Charlie? Is that you” Mama Josie asked from the kitchen.

“U-uh yeah Mama. It’s us. C-can you come out here please.” I set Charlie down on the couch. Mama came out the kitchen smiling at us.

“How was the pa-“ when she saw Charlie unconscious and covered in blood, her smile dropped. “What happened!” she screamed, running over to Charlie’s side. Her eyes filled with tears and she covered her mouth.

“Mama, I-I’m sorry. I went out to answer a call and when I came back I didn’t see her. When I found her, Mark was…” I didn’t want to admit what happened to myself. Saying it out loud would do just that.

I watched as Mama went from Mother mode to doctor mode, gathering all first aid kits and her doctor bag.

“Prod go put her upstairs in her room. I’ll be up in a minute.”

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Mama Josie and Ahleesha had been up there with Charlie for almost two hours. Tears stained my face as I kept replaying what happened in my head. I could get the image of Mark on top her out of my head.

“Prod?” Mama Josie was standing in front of me.

“Is-is she ok?” I shakily. She sighed and kneeled in front of me so we were almost eye-to-eye.

“Well first, she needed stitches down there. He used too much force and she... Ripped.” Mama took a breath, seeming to gather the strength to continue.

“She has multiple bruises, cuts, and scratches all over her face and body. There’s a scar on her stomach, looks like from a pocketknife. She needed 15 stitches in the back on her back and she has a slight concussion.

“Oh my God…” the tears started to flow again. “Mama I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry. I shouldn’t have left her by herself. I-”

“Prod, hunny. It’s not your fault! Stop blaming yourself. All of this was an accident. Don’t beat yourself up for it.” She hugged and rocked me as I cried into her shoulder.

<><><><><><><><><><>

[Saturday, April 1st, 2013]

(9:00am)

I woke up to sheets rustling. I slept on the couch in Charlie’s room in case she woke up in the middle of the night. Ahleesha had gone home around one in the morning. I got up from the couch, stretched, and looked over at Charlie. She was moving slightly, indicating she would wake up soon. There was a bottle of pills on Charlie’s nightstand for any pain she might have, doctor’s order of course.

“Ouch..” my head snapped toward Charlie to see her trying to sit up. I ran and stood next to her taking her hand in one of mine and putting my free one on her back. I gently pushed her up into a sitting position. She whimpered here and there, but she eventually got up.

“P-prod. What happened?” My throat became dry hearing that question. It had already broken my heart to see it happen, then again to have to tell Mama Josie, and now I have to relive it once more.

“Well, uh, M-mark he uh, he um, r-“

“Oh my gosh…” I saw her tear up. She hugged herself and began rocking.

“Charlie?”

“What did I do?”

“Huh?” What did she mean by that?

“Why did he choose me? What did I do that was so wrong for me to deserve this?” The tears were now falling freely. She just cried and cried and cried. I felt so bad. I wanted to break down and cry too. But I know that wouldn’t help. I comforted her the best way I knew how, by rocking her and singing.

“Come stop crying,

It’ll be alright.

Just take my hand,

Hold it tight.

I will protected you

From all around you.

I will be here,

Don’t you cry

For one so small,

You seem so strong.

My arms will hold you,

Keep you safe and warm.

This bond between us,

Can’t be broken

I will be here,

Don’t you cry…”

I trialed off on the last note. ‘You’ll be in my heart” by Phil Collins is one of her favorite songs from the movie Tarzan. In my arms, she turn slightly and hugged me.

“You have a beautiful voice Prod,” she mumbled into my shirt. I chuckled a bit

“Thanks.” She pulled away and for the first time since last night, looked at me.

“Oh my GOD! Prod! Your eye!”

Oh yeah… I forgot to mention I got a black eye fighting Mark.

“It’ll be one Charlie, don’t worry about me.”

“But-”

“Charlie…” I gave a stern look, once you would give a child doing something they know they aren’t supposed to.

“Fine” she sighed giving in. “My head is hurting a little.”

“Here,” I grabbed the pills off her nightstand. “Take two of these every 6 hours.”

“What are they?”

“Painkillers.”

“Oh…” She looked down at the bottle of water and pills I placed in her hand.

“Charlie, I’m so so-” a delicate little finger found it’s way to my lips.

“Don’t even THINK about apologizing. It is NOT your fault.” I knew by the tone of her voice not to let the word ‘sorry’ come out of my mouth. Knowing her she’d probably torture me for it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

Hey yallllllll

Please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FAN

Love yall!! And In case yall didn't know my bestfriend (Ahleesha in the story) is GoldenChick on Wattpad... check out her story..

They bomb as hell!!! :D