Chapter 21

Chapter 21

All day we just splash around, talked, and ate, having a good time together. The water park is always good fun. Though no one got on any rides. All of them prohibited pregnant women from getting on, so, in order to keep Charlie from feeling left out, no one rode anything.

“Prod,” Jojo walked up to me. “I’m tired.” he said rubbing his eyes.

“Alright Jo, we’ll leave in a little bit.” He walked back over to Tahlaya and they continued to do whatever little kid stuff they were doing before.

I took a look all around me. Everyone looked happy, just being together. Jacob and Ahleesha were in the water, the kids were playing, and Charlie had Jimmy on her stomach while they both napped. I was happy, everyone was happy.

But life doesn’t always stay happy.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[1 month later]

Five, almost six month. That’s how far along Charlie is in her pregnancy. It’s the middle of July, HOT AS HELL, and things had been crazy. Mood swings, cravings, pains, swelling, yelling, screaming, babysitting, work! Yes work. A part-time job. It’s alot, but I am determined to be here for Charlie through thick and thin. But determination doesn’t make anything easy.

“Dammit!”

“What’s wrong Charlie?” I asked stepping into the kitchen where she was located.

“I-I broke the magnet on the fridge.” I looked down and saw a froggy magnet in pieces on the ground. I sighed and began to clean it up.

“It’s alright Charlie. We can buy a new one.”

“But it was so pretty. I didn’t mean to break it.” She looked at me with glossy eyes. Please don’t cry. “I’m so sorry.” She began bawling her eyes out on my shirt. I just sighed and rubbed her back. When her sniffles died down a bit, I walked her up to my room.

“Lay down, I’ll be back.”

“But, I want you to lay with me.”

“I have to feed the boys. I’ll be back in a little while.” I said.

“The boys just ate!”

“No they didn’t” I stated calmly.

“You know what? FINE! Go! I aint want yo Chris Brown wanna-be lookin ass anyway!” she yelled throwing pillows at me. “GO! I bet you got a hoe down there waiting for you! Go ‘head!”

I walked out the room before she could throw anything else at me. She was still yelling and crying by the time I finished fixing the boys sandwiches and chips. After giving them their snacks, I walked back to Charlie’s room.

“It’s ok,” I hugged her. “I’m right here.”

“I thought you left me!” She cried.

“Never babygirl. I could never leave you.”

“You promise?”

“I promise.”

Lawd how much longer do I have to endure this?

<><><><><><><><><><><>

[1 month later]

August 6, 2013

~Prod

We go back to school on the 19th this year. I promise you, this summer has been been SO exhausting. I’ve literally done EVERYTHING for Charlie. I’ve gone to the pregnancy classes with her, babysat with her, listened to her complain about... everything, and I even ate one of her vile creations she shoves down her throat. I seriously did not eat for a week after tasting her hot cheeto, pickle, syrup, bacon, mustard, ketchup, lettuce, peanut butter, chip pile. She named it “The Pile of Good and Evil.” I would rather it be called, “The Shit- Literally.”