Chapter 22

Chapter 22

~Charlie

“Hey! Don’t say that. You’re going to be a  great mother!” Prod scolded.

“How! I just lost my brother!”

“You didn’t lose him.” I looked at him like he had just told me he was from Jupiter. “Ahleesha and Jacob took both boys to the ice cream parlor.

“Oh...” and that’s all I could say was Oh... Relief washed over me as I stood up, wiping my cheeks.

“See, nothing to worry about.” He told me hugging me.

He was right this time. But as we left I couldn’t help but think of what would have happened had I did lose Jimmy. I was so wrapped up in shopping I wasn’t paying attention to him. Next time it could be a pedophile, or rapist. I would never forgive myself had anything like that happened to either boys.

We met up with the four of them in the parlor. Jimmy had a sherbet ice cream bowl, Jojo had chocolate, and Leesha and Jacob shared a Cookies and Cream.

“Charlie!!’ Jim put his ice cream down and ran to my hugging my legs. I chuckled and stooped down to his level.

“Hey man! I missed you sooo much!” I smiled.

“I wasn’t gone forever!!!!”

“But I still missed you!” He just shrugged and ran back to his seat. It was a struggle trying to get back up from the ground. Luckily, with some help from Prod, I was able to stand properly. Or as well as I could.

“You want some ice cream?”

“Yeah,” I pulled out a 5 dollar bill from my purse. “Get me a chocolate with oreo bites.” I said handing Prod the bill. He looked at it and walked away. *sigh*

After the crew was done with their respective ice cream bowls, he headed back to my place. I was so excited to show my mama what I bought at the store. She was supposed to be home today as her day off. She hadn’t had one since I my ultra sound. And even then she was called into the hospital.

“Mom!” I yelled once I walked into the house. I didn’t get a response so I figured she was in her room sleeping. I wobbled up the stairs while the older boys brought the bags in the house.

“Mom?” She wasn’t there. I continued to search the upstairs area of the house while I called down to the others to look for her down there.

“Did you guys see her?” I asked standing on the halfway point of the stairs.

“No, she left a note though.” My face fell. I wobbled back up the stairs and into my room. I didn’t need to read the note to know she was at work. I locked the door and lay face up on the bed.

I swear sometimes I hated my moms job. They know she has two kids. One who's pregnant and a toddler. Yet they still don’t fucking care. I promise you that job is gonna be the death of her. They work her too fuckin’ hard.

But it’s also on my mom for being so submissive to their every call. If this is her day off she should be able to say they can come in. But I think back to our financial situation. Two, almost three mouths to feed, aside from her own. Plus bills, she can’t afford to get on their bad side. If she had someone to help her, she wouldn’t have to worry about all of this herself. That’s where my so-called ‘father’ comes in. If he had never walked out of our lives, my mom wouldn’t have to work as hard as she does. Jimmy would have a man to look up to and not a teenagers taking on the responsibility of being a father figure to him. He could be spoiled. I could have the latest gear and accessories. But most importantly, we would be a family. All I ever wanted, but that was ruined. I promised myself the day my dad walked out that my kids would have a complete family. But now, I can’t even do that.

Seems like life just likes to fuck me over, huh?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ending is coming so soon :( BUT!!! I might have a little surpris for yalll

And can yall please stop being ghost. Yesterday I reach 200 followers and I spent like an hour writing and typing out ALL those usernames because I really appreciate yall following me. But If yall could just, comment and vote. That would put a huge smile on my face. :D 

-Charlie(RawR)