Sleep

It was midnight and for the life of me I couldn't fall asleep. I kept tossing and turning only for me to finally sit up. Alright, I need to go out for a walk. Won't be too long. I thought to myself. So I quickly put on my freshly cleaned robes and my shoes while grabbing my wand.

I let my hair fall down instead of putting it in a style of any sort. I floo flamed to the front of the wooden bridge and walked slowly down the hill, past the groundskeeper hut, towards the lake.

Just then I heard something in the grass following me. I cast Revelio and out slithered a small pale snake. It circled around me which made me freeze. Then it slithered up until it curled into my arm and looked at me. "Are you a friendly...snake?" I asked it. The snake must not understand since I'm not the one with parseltongue. I stroked the top of its head.

"I suppose you don't know Ominis, do you? He could talk to you...a rare gift indeed." The snake just looked at me and I believed it smiled, blinking. Then the snake slithered off my arm and back into the grass again. It looked like it was moving to the school but I didn't think about it too much.

I looked up and saw the moon peeking through the clouds and smiled. I felt a cool breeze hit my face as I got closer to the lake. I sat on the grass on a hill with the lake shore below me. "This view...." I said to myself out loud. I yawned a bit.

Suddenly my eyes felt heavy and I curled into a comfortable position on the cold grass and fell asleep. The cool breeze and the moon beaming over me made it such a nice environment for me to drift.

______________________________________________________________________________

As I turned in my sleep, my hands stroke something warm, I slowly opened my eyes and looked up. It was Ominis and he had moved me to be laying against him, sitting against a tree. I looked around, yawning. The stars were still out and so was the moon.

"You're finally awake..." He said softly. "So, tell me do you often sleep outside your dorm or is this just another one of your midnight rendezvous?" He asked sternly. I frowned a bit. I slowly moved my hand to grab his while I adjusted myself. I sat up next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. "My dorm...it felt...stuffy. I couldn't sleep." I muttered. I look around confused and back at him. My eyes squinted.

"Wait a bloody minute. Ominis, how the hell did you find me? Usually, you'd be asleep by 8 pm." I asked but he seemed adamant about not answering.  He crossed his arms, holding his elbows and looking straight forward.

"Mmmm, I have my ways. Don't worry it was unintentional,  besides it is odd how you thought it wise to nearly leave the castle grounds in the middle of the night would be safe to what exactly?" He sarcastically asked me causing me to groan. I knew he was worried about me. How did he even find me out here? At this hour? 

"No...I mean yes. I mean...I don't know. The moon looked so lovely with the lake and I just...I don't know." I sighed while playing with the hand that I was holding. Suddenly his arms slowly wrapped around me. I relaxed myself a bit. I felt his breath on the back of my neck. "If you ever have trouble sleeping, just tell me, please?" He whispered. As one of my arms wraps around him, I nod slowly. 

Ominis has been treating me a lot differently lately. After Hogsmeade, things have been different. He and I even study in the library together in our own little area because sometimes he struggles with Herbology. We even share meals with each other, despite our different houses. He a Slytherin and I a Hufflepuff. He usually makes sure I eat almost all three meals while I make sure he is on top of his homework. 

Sometimes he'll even give me small gift gestures of Honeydukes sweets. He knew I couldn't resist chocolate frogs and fruity licorice wands. It made my days seem less dark as I continued my journey battling Ranroks lot and helping Natty take down Harlow and Rookwood.

"Ominis..." I said as I yawned slowly, adjusting my head against it shoulder.  "Thank you for being here." I finally said before drifting to sleep on his shoulder but not before I felt a soft kiss on my forehead.

______________________________________________________________________________

I woke up on a bench that seemed to be placed outside the entrance to the Hufflepuff common room, yawning.  I stretch my entire body and notice Ominis was sleeping against a giant barrel beside me. He must have carried me from outside to here. I'm surprised it doesn't smell like vinegar. Rubbing my eyes, I look around it must have been early hours before breakfast because it was quiet. Well almost quiet. Ominis began to snore like a troll. I giggled leaning into him.

Thinking about it, I felt refreshed this morning. I didn't feel nauseous or achy. My head didn't rumble with heaviness. Did sleeping near Ominis help? I didn't have any nightmares either come to think of it. Also, how did he even know I was out there by myself? He better not have used snakes to spy on me. I grumbled to myself.

Just as I was about to stand myself up, I hear a deep inhale and exhale mixed with a grunt and a yawn. Ominis was massaging the back of his neck, his facial expression was that of discomfort. "Aurora?" He whispered, looking around in different directions. I pulled his hand having him stand up next to me.

"Morning Ominis. So uh how did you sleep?" I ask, giggling and snort laughing. He sticks his tongue out at me, rolling his eyes. "Oh yes, laugh at the one who made sure you came back safe into the castle." He responded with a small smile.

"I admire your boldness Ominis but you didn't have to carry me back," I said and then he crossed his arms in disbelief with a scoff. "Is that your way of thanking me?" I couldn't help but laugh more. 

"Come on Ominis, I'm hungry, for once. The last one to the Great Hall is a rotten Slytherin." I laughed while running away first, up the stairs, and up in the grand staircase area. Ominis stood there confused. "Wha-? Now! Aurora! You can't jest like that!" He said pulling out his wand, his face full of determination as he nearly ran into the wall while climbing the spiral stairs. 

________________________________________________________________________________

I apologize if this chapter was shorter than usual. It is a filler but with a cute moment with Ominis, you know? Who knew he'd be such a good luck charm to keep the nightmares away?

- Savthebun09