Dance of Snowbirds

** If you want, I'd recommend listening to "Harry in Winter" from HP GOF soundtrack on like repeat. I think it pairs well with the romance of Ominis and the main character. **

As the snow flowed down on Hogwarts Valley, no one could help but come outside between classes and play with each other. Throwing snowballs and making snow angels was what everyone did. I believe even some of the first years build sculptures practicing their charm spells.

However today, I simply decided to walk around, watching how each snowflake twirled and landed on the surface of the courtyard tree. I could see my breath in the cool air as I reached to touch a branch. I had never seen snow so white and clean covering everything in a blanket.

After recovering from my injuries about a week ago, I just simply took it slow and stayed on the castle grounds. I didn't feel up to going out and stopping more of the poachers much to Poppy's dismay. She wanted to help in restoring the egg to the mother dragon we freed from Horntail Hall. 

I wiped down a bench covered in snow to make room for sitting down to pull out one of the books I borrowed from the library for reading until suddenly a snowball smacked me in the face. I gasped, wiping it off my face. Garreth laughed from a distance. I smirked. "Two can play at that game." I quickly formed a large snowball and used my wand to whack him in the face. He immediately pelted to the ground.

"OOOOOOOOOOH and Weasley is down. Nice one Aurora!" Sebastian stated as he walked out from the door on the other side of the courtyard. I busted out laughing, bowing, and sat down. Just then an angry Garreth dragged Sebastian by his trousers to the ground of fresh snow. The two began rolling around, stuffing each other's faces. Garreth even stuffed snow down Sebastian's trousers while he stuffed snow down Garreth's collared shirt.

The snow began falling harder than normal which to everyone else's dismay meant it was beginning to get cold. I however stayed behind outside and simply continued reading, wiping away the snowflakes that came. 

Ominis walked out of the building in front of me with his wand pointing forward, the red aura pulsing. Just as he was about to walk past me, he paused and looked to glance in my direction. "Aurora?" He asked. Behind him, more students returned outside to get to the other buildings. Even some students stayed outside to enjoy the snow and socialize in between classes.

"Hmm?" I said, turning a page slowly while reading. "It's snowing." He stated. I nodded. "Yeah so?" He groaned, walking towards me. His wand then was in my face.

"Aren't you freezing?" He asked, his face seeming frustrated that I wasn't phased by the harsh weather. I shrugged. "No, I don't mind the weather actually." Ominis looked around even more confused than ever. 

"Look, if you're freezing, go on inside but I am perfectly fine with whatever may come. Besides, it's not as if it'll kill me." I snorted while turning a page in my book but looking up at how white Ominis's hair had become. His hair was no longer a dark blonde but rather a yellowish white. 

His face was not amused by my comment and he even rolled his pale eyes. "Ominis? Is there something to wish to say?" I asked with a snide remark. He felt tongue-tied and bit his lip. As it seemed he was about to say something. 

"Okay, how about this? I don't want you to freeze but I do enjoy our conversations. Let's dance, shall we?" I suggested, getting up from the bench and shaking off some snow myself. Ominis stood confused, he raised a brow, his mouth agape. This might be fun.

I positioned myself in front of him, slowly maneuvering his arms to the correct positions. I had one of his arms wrap around my waist and the other grab my free hand while I rested my other on his shoulder. "What are you doing?" He suddenly asked quietly to me. I could feel his feet tapping the snow with a nervous tinge.