Family Ties

Ominis and  I apparated back to Surrey, keeping our wits about in case Rookwood was around still however all seemed peaceful. It was snowing and the little town was filled with people in the Christmas Market. Entering in the orphanage, Ominis and I walked in with a sigh of relief before anticipating interrogation from Mrs. Blume.

I turned and noticed Mrs. Blume and Professor Sharp were conversating with one another. Peaking my head in, they both noticed me. "Agatha? Professor?" Questioning them because they seemed shocked and uncomfortable.

I looked down at the table and saw a photograph of my mother. What the hell? I thought I was the only one to have that photo. What is he doing here?

"Aurora, we were beginning to worry about you. Agatha has told me you've been gone for a day because of the strangers she mentioned." My eyes squinted, walking across from them both.

"Yes...Ominis and I just apparated back to Surrey. I had suspicions about being followed all term." I said to break the awkwardness.

"What exactly are you doing here Professor? It is a long way from Hogwarts." Professor Sharp looked away as if something was eating at him. Mrs. Blume looked just as guilty.

"Oh dear...you best sit yerself down. You may be in for a wee bit of a shock." My facial expression was confused until suddenly I looked at how sharps hand was caressing my mother's photograph.

"No." I said in disbelief. My hands formed fists as my body began to shake on frustration and confusion. "No. Whatever this is Agatha. No." Turning my heel and left the house back into the cold. Professor Sharp? My bloody father? The bastard who abandoned my mother? I refuse to believe it.

In my own thoughts of frustration, walking in the crunchy snow, I make a quick pace to the cemetery. Aimlessly walking in inches of snow, I finally arrived at a small gravestone.

Diana Hemlock

What did that name even mean to me? How many secrets have been kept from me? Who am I really? Am I not a half-blood? Every time I think I know who I am, I feel slingshotted backward.

"You know, Diana once bested me in potions class." I heard a low grunted voice from behind me. Rolling my eyes in utter annoyance, I begin to slowly walk away.

"I never knew she had a child. After becoming an Auror, she and I didn't..." He muttered, his voice trailing. I sighed, inhaling the sharp cold air.

"Is it true then? Are you my father?" I blurted before turning myself around. He had a cane to help him walk in the thick layers of snow. His leg was shaking a bit, probably because of his injury.

His eyes were watering up looking at me before he looked down at the gravestone. I nodded. "I see." This news would've thrilled my 6-year-old self but after years of never getting adopted until I was 16, I find myself not thrilled. Walking over to him, I waved my wand over the gravestone to form a decorative Christmas wreath fitted with pinecones, mistletoe, and ribbons. The snow began to fall heavily while the bitter winds swirled around us both.

________________________________________________________________________________

There was an awkwardness in the kitchen as I sat at the table with Ominis next to me. I noticed Sharp was squinting his eyes at Ominis before his eyes landed on me. Merlin, I just found out he's my bloody father not even for a day and he's already protective of me with Ominis. Wait, does he know Ominis and I are a couple?