Trials and Tribulations

Christmas break was over as soon as I heard the overflow of students arriving back into the castle. I had just finished my final trial with the Keepers. Finally having more control and understanding of what was at stake and why Isadora created the repository of dark emotional magic. I understood why she wanted to try to ease the pain and why Sebastian wants me to try but there is always a risk. Always. Good thing though that I now understand why the secret was kept and how Ranrok must NEVER go near it.

I was sitting in the library, reading about the different factions of magic, trying to see if anything covered Ancient Magic but all that was said was 'Ancient Magic is rare...' and 'Hogwarts is a stronghold of Ancient Magic.' Apparently love is also a form of Ancient magic. None of it made any sense.

_______________________________________________________________________________

Ominis walked out into the hallways on his usual route when all of a sudden he heard me and Garreth chatting up a storm about his obsession with brewing potions. Garreth was one of the first people to talk to Aurora after everyone came back.

Suddenly Garreth turns towards me, "Aurora...you and I seem to be getting along. Usually, people get annoyed by me but you seem..." 

"I tolerate you Garreth." I giggled, nudging him on the shoulder. Garreth blushes a bit and fumbles. "Oh? Well...I mean that's great because I was just about to ask, do you maybe want to grab a butterbeer sometime...soon? Perhaps?" I looked up at him, I raised one brow.

"Garreth I-" Before I began to explain to him that I only saw him as a friend, Ominis then with a quick pace walks up to Garreth. His jaw was tensed and his eyes were angry.

"Actually Garreth, I'm taking her to the Three Broomsticks." He says in a demanding stern voice. My eyes widen in confusion, looking at Ominis and then at Garreth. I gulped.

"Oh...alright then. Sorry if I overstepped." Garreth says slowly backing away. He waves sadly and walks away. He scoffs a little as he too was confused about why Ominis was being an arse. 

I shoot Ominis at cross-look. "What was that all about? You didn't have to be so rude." I grumbled. Ominis then grabbed my hand to drag me into a vacant area of the hallway and pushes me into the wall. I let out a whimper as my neck got poked by the stone carving on the wall.

I breathed heavily, unsure of what was happening. One of his hands cups my cheek, and he immediately leans in to roughly kiss me. What the hell is happening? Why is he being so rough? I could feel his other hand grab ahold of my waist. His lips pull away from mine. "I don't like how the others give you attention. It drives me mad." He scowled. His grip was getting tighter on my waist.

"Ominis...why are you acting this way?" I whispered to him with a snarky attitude. 

His glare softens and he frowns. "I...I don't know. I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I don't know what's going on with me lately." He loosens his hand around my waist and backs away slowly. Before he walks away, he looks over as if he was going to say something but doesn't. I look around, confused and worried, touching my lips.

________________________________________________________________________________

**Ominis Gaunt's POV**

After that strange encounter with Aurora, I immediately regret my rough actions when I realize how I presented myself to her. I was really rude, wasn't I? Surely she can't be upset at me forever, could she? She must understand that I must keep her safe. With all these thoughts, all I could remember is the repeating harsh and disgusting threats my older brothers made to me while being at home for Christmas.