The Arrival

"Fig! You're late!" Said a tall man walking towards me and Professor Fig. I gulped and looked around to not make a spectacle of myself. We had just arrived here, later than expected, for my sorting into a House for Hogwarts.

I wasn't exactly sure of what to expect. This whole day since this morning has been one trainwreck. I sigh. "Yes well, there was a dragon and goblins attacking us-" Before Professor Fig could finish, the man cut him off, rolling his eyes, scoffing.

"Right...well I suppose you'll be wanting to sort this one in. You go on right ahead, I'll see you later." Professor Figs started after analyzing the room. He quickly transfigures my regular clothes into the Hogwarts-themed uniform before walking away.

"So you're the new 5th year? Well, glad you could join us despite your fickle... arrival, I'm Headmaster Black." He says, trying to make conversation while I look around at the Great Hall. Everyone kept glancing at me, even waving but I merely was too shy to even respond.

"Now, Professor Weasley, we have one more to sort tonight..." He says walking up two steps before gesturing for me to sit on a small stool. I shyly walked over, sat down, and looked at everyone. I noticed all the different tables lined with four varieties of colors. Before I could even make out what each meant immediately I heard the sorting, barely touching my head, go "Better be....HUFFLEPUFF!" I jumped in my seat, blinking.

An entire table in front of me, decorated with yellow, cheered loudly, clapping for me. I tried to smile, feeling a little embarrassed, and noticed how my uniform colors changed from black to yellow. Maybe this wasn't going to be so bad.  I thought to myself as I walked down towards my own table.

I sat down next to a couple of other 5th years and waved at them. "Hello, I'm Aurora Hemlock." I introduced myself while shaking everyone's hands.

_______________________________________________________________________________

A day later, I ended up in the Hospital Wing at Hogwarts after my newly made friend Natty and I almost got pummeled by a troll. I had bruises all over and even felt my own arms strained from my wand work. I have no idea what the hell just happened. How did I even summon and suddenly use crates like that?  Natty came over and sat next to me in bed. She smiled at me even though I was clearly in my own thoughts.

"You know, Aurora, whatever you did, saved our lives. However, I don't think it will be enough to take down Rookwood and Harlow. I have a great sense of you, even after you put Sebastian Sallow in his place after Defense Against Dark Arts this afternoon." She said to me as a means to comfort me but I shook my head, smirking. I snort and laughed.

"Yeah, perhaps you're right. That was kind of wicked though. Never thought I'd fight a troll on my first day of Hogwarts." I laughed a bit even though mentally I felt exhausted, even terrified.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was late at night walking down what seemed like an ungodly amount of stairs just to get back to my common room before I slipped and missed a step, rolling down until my body slammed into someone. I groaned, shaking my head, and realized someone was on top of me.

"What the hell did you do that for?" The person spat at me with a hint of bitterness in his voice. As we both got up, dusting ourselves up, I looked up at who the other person was. I noticed his eyes. They were different but I didn't want to stare for too long so I looked away, silent. Then he picked up his wand and pointed it around until the pulsed light on the tip glowed at me.