Christmas Plans

First of all, I want to thank you all for the 335 Reads! I didn't expect people to like this fanfiction at all ;-; & thank you for the 28 votes! I'm glad that all of you Ominis Gaunt fans are enjoying it thus far. <3

- Savthebun09

_______________________________________________________________________________

** Ominis Gaunt's POV **

It was breakfast at the Great Hall and Aurora was sitting beside me while I made sure she ate. After our confession of feelings a couple of days ago, my whole perception of her changed. I've even noticed how comfortable I was with holding her hand as we walked to our classes. I would often hear whispers of us but I didn't deny it. Aurora had my heart. Despite my lack of vision, I knew she was the most beautiful person that I wanted to spend all my days with.

We do have our occasional tiffs though due to Sebastian insisting on visiting a Catacomb with her since he knows I would never touch dark magic. Something to do with that horrid book he found in the Scriptorium, I believe. Just then, my owl delivered mail to me however before I even touched it, the letter became a Howler. Oh bloody brilliant.

"Ominis Gaunt. I am writing to inform you that we have heard rumors of you fraternizing with a half-blooded witch when you should be focusing on your education. We are Gaunts. We take pride in our Pure Blood ideologies. Whatever the hell you think you are doing, stop it at once. You are such a disgrace to the Gaunt name. We expect to see you home for Christmas, not with your half-blooded friends."

- Ominis's Father

Then the Howler ripped itself up violently. I just sat there in silence, I began to nervously tap my feet on the ground. I could sense that Aurora was looking at me. I felt her hand pressed on my knees to help calm me down. I felt nothing but rage. Who does the father think he is? It is my life.

________________________________________________________________________________

I sat there looking at Ominis. His facial expression says it all. He was upset. I had no idea what to do to help with this situation. I knew his family was a bit strict but getting involved with his life? "Aurora, are you finished eating?" He suddenly asked, not even looking over in my direction. I nodded. "Yes."

"Can we go to the Undercroft? I don't feel so well if it isn't too much trouble..." He asked of me. I stood up and dragged him with me, walking out of the Great Hall together. "I've got an even better idea," I said with a smirk.

________________________________________________________________________________

We immediately floo flamed all the way to the Astronomy tower hallway and then we walked to the Room of Requirement door that just so happened to appear. "Uh Aurora, when are you going to tell me what is going on?" Ominis whined with anxiety as he felt unsure about what was happening.

We briskly walked through the door and the room appeared before us. It still smelled of dust and furniture with a hint of dung from the beast's vivariums. I noticed Deek wasn't around to greet me as usual so I just went into the Swamp vivarium while still dragging Ominis. This vivarium had two Thestrals living it in and they came over to greet me. One even nudged Ominis on the shoulder which made him dodge a bit. "WHAT? What was that?" I giggled. I took his hand and immediately placed it on one of the Thestrals. It coo'ed at him.

"We are in one of my vivariums. It is inside my secret space known as the Room of Requirement. This is where I disappear sometimes. Oh and you're touching a Thestral." I said while summoning a brush on the Thestrals. Ominis stood there confused at what he was touching.

"Thestral...like the beast? Aurora have you been keeping beasts in the castle?!" He asked in a panic. I shook my head at how cute and frazzled he was. "Also are we in a swamp? I can smell the bogs and hear water." He walked around.

"I have other vivariums and well whatever the Room of Requirement suspects I need, creates for me. It is an enchanted room." I explained while guiding him out of the swamp and back into the main room. We eventually walked down towards the larger area of the room which was customized with floral-themed furniture.

I transfigured some dueling dummies to appear in front of us. "Alright, in front of us, there are some combat dummies. I always practice my spells whenever I'm frustrated at something occupying my mind." I then cast Diffindo on one dummie while then using Levioso and casting simple wand magic at it, knocking it to the ground.

"Aurora, I don't see how this will-" Ominis stood there confused until I came behind him, my hand wrapping around his to aim his wand at a dummie. I heard him gulp and saw his cheeks become pink. "Give it a try.." I whispered into his ear. With a flustered position, Ominis then cast Flipendo on the dummie and then Incendio.

"Now how did that feel?" I asked him, slowly letting go of him. His eyes shifted but he nodded. "It felt...good." He then continued to cast as many spells as he could muster with frustration in his voice. I kept walking around him to make sure he aimed carefully despite his obviously upset nature.

He then ceased casting spells to catch his breath. His hair became untamed and at some point he even removed his robe, leaving only his regular uniform. He wiped the sweat from his face and stood against the wall, inhaling and exhaling. "How do you feel? Better" I asked him with concern before pouring water into a goblet that the room summoned. I place it in his hand.

After viciously drinking, he finally was able to stand up. "I feel...better. Thank you." He says quietly. I lightly kiss his cheek before walking over to a green-colored couch. He followed the sound of my footsteps and felt where I was before sitting.

"I'm sorry about your Howler. Your father really does have a temper." I say awkwardly to diminish the silence. Ominis then grabbed my hand to hold it tightly. He shook his head while scoffing to himself. "There's no need to apologize. My family just doesn't understand me. My vile family." He responds with a tinge of bitterness.

"Well, if you want and that is a big if, I'll be at the castle for Christmas. We can spend it together if you'd like. I'm here for you Ominis." I whisper to him, kissing his hand. Ominis wanted to smile but he instead frowned, nodding.

"I'm afraid I must return home at some point since for the past few years I've been hiding in Feldcroft. I'll have to go home for Christmas this time but maybe next year?" Ominis said as he sighed while returning the kiss to my hand. I then moved quickly into his arms, my hands combing through his messy dirty blonde hair, hugging him tightly.

"Wo-woah, whats this?" He laughed as he caught me in his arms. I could feel him inhale sharply while he buried his face in my neck. I then pulled away from him and started giving him kisses all over his face causing him to laugh hysterically. It was rare to see him smile the first time I met him but this time he smiled all the time around me. "You make the happiest Hufflepuff." I announced to him before our lips met.

Ominis immediately loosened his arms around me while softly pressing his lips more into mine. I could hear faint hums of enjoyment coming from him. Our lips departed, catching our breath, Ominis then cups my face. His silvery blue eyes make direct contact with mine. "I don't know what I did to deserve such a person like you. Especially someone like me." He says laughing at his remark. I blushed immensely, gulping.

"Ominis...I like you for you. Your kindness. Your worries of me. Your sarcastic remarks." I responded, nuzzling my nose onto his which made him act flustered. "All of it." I finally say.

________________________________________________________________________________

Don't worry, we are getting closer to some MORE intimate moments with our Ominis in the distant future chapters (when the characters are aged up, of course). Maybe even a few troubling tiffs? Some drama perhaps? Of course, you can skip the intimate moments that aren't FLUFF if you'd like. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable as a reader. More is yet to come!

- Savthebun09