Rough Night

The leaves were now red, orange, yellow, and brown. Some trees were starting to look baron and naked. The grassy fields looked like the color of parchment and the air became colder. It was October, usually one of my favorite months because Autumn was my favorite season. 

As the class of Potions with Professor Sharp began, he was mid-announcement as I entered the class slowly, limping myself, 5 minutes later. His eyes landed on me, his expression seemed concerned but tried not to distract him.

My face and body had been covered in small cuts, and bruises, and I even had a slight black eye. My hair was neatly wrapped into a bun though.  However, my robes were slightly shredded from combat. Everyone looked at me, their eyes widening but I didn't look. Instead, I just walked to my potions area and pulled out my book.

"Good of you to finally join us Ms. Hemlock. Now as I was going to say, today we will be brewing as 'Living Death'. Turn to page 123 for the recipe and instructions. Measure carefully. Don't over mix." He said sternly before sitting back down.

I felt his eyes still piercing me as everyone else before they began. I even heard whispers. As I grabbed out some of my own ingredients from The Room of Requirement, I looked behind me and noticed everyone suddenly looked away. I shook my head.

I begin to cut, squish and mix ingredients together precisely before adding them to my cauldron until I felt a tap on the shoulder I had the most pain. I jumped in response. Damn Aurora, get in together. You're safe, at school.

"Oh...sorry Aurora. Didn't mean to startle you... do you have any spare ingredients?" It was Garreth Weasley and I noticed his eyes were glazing over my face. I squinted at him and grumbled.

"Here...I have plenty." I said while shoving it into his chest while he slowly backs away. He looked intimidated. He mouthed "Wow" to everyone looking at him. As I was stirring my cauldron, my mind suddenly wandered while looking at the bubbles.

I hardly remember what happened last night. I remember fighting Ashwinders and Poachers because I was helping locate a village lady's brother. The spells that were cast when I was caught off guard. I tried using my abilities but I ended up collapsing. Then, I abruptly woke up at 3am, left for dead, at the edge of the forbidden forest. I found a floo flame and ended up going to the hospital wing to steal some healing remedies and bandages.

As I come back to my senses, I noticed everyone was freaking out behind me. I noticed my hands were glowing slightly blue and that every cauldron was overbubbling. Sebastian looked over at me because he knew something was wrong. I looked over at a panicked Professor Sharp before I quickly slammed my hands on the table causing all cauldrons to calm down. I inhaled sharply as the glow from my hands vanished.

Then, silence. Everyone looked at me as they saw my frustration. Just as Professor Sharp was making his way towards me, I immediately ran out of the classroom and into the halls finding the way to the wooden bridge. I didn't stop running, in fact, I didn't remember to breathe until I stopped at the stones in front of me.

I fell to my knees, coughing and remembering my ribs were bruised and that running made everything hurt. I slammed my hands on the ground. Trying to catch my breath, I began to cry. Suddenly, I felt my hands emit blue magic into the air, spreading like wildfire. 

Everything was coming back to me. I remember an Ashwinder kept casting an electrical current spell on me while one casted bouts of Confringo. They didn't stop there. I suddenly was being punched and kicked constantly until I caved. I let out one burst of Ancient Magic which caused everyone to flee, leaving me on the ground.

Suddenly I felt rage build up inside me. A rage I couldn't control anymore to the point where wincing at my injuries didn't matter. I summoned my broom and mounted it but before I flew off I heard.