Grief & Destiny

**For this chapter, I recommend listening to "The Bond of Sacrifice" from the Merlin tv series. Love that show's music for sure.**

_______________________________________________________________________________

After the battle between me and Ranrok, ridding him of the power he once held, I blasted with all my might to repair the repository back to its rightful secure position. However, the entire cave around me began to crumble with me and Professor Fig still in it. 

From a distance, I could see Professor Sharp, Onai, Hecat, Weasley, and Ronen looking out the edge near the entrance to the repository. Professor Fig was wounded for the worst as he scrambled to try and help me. We've got to get out of there or Professor Fig won't make it.

I had one more blast of Ancient magic within me nearly bleeding like mist from my hands to which I swung my wand high against the ceiling to push back every crumbling rock from breaking any further. I then fell to my knees, trying to breathe next to Fig only for him to slowly lay down.

Our eyes met, but mine were filled with tears. "Miriam..." He whispered to me as he was trying to inhale and exhale sharply. I looked at his wounds and realized I was too late. I Accioed the wand that Ranrok had from his corpse and brought it to Fig. He softly held it in his grasp before smiling up at me. "Miriam... would've loved you." He finally said to me before the light in his eyes faded, gasping silently. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

I couldn't stomach hearing the heartfelt words of Headmaster Black at the summoning in the Great Hall. The banners above us were black and the tables were empty. I looked around to see the student's face forward with somber expressions.

I felt so many emotions. Anger. Sadness. Bitterness. Loneliness. Without Professor Fig, I felt truly alone. After the events with Sebastian and Ominis, I felt truly alone.

Before I heard anymore, I was the first one to stand up and leave, making a spectacle of myself. I didn't want to cry uncontrollably in front of everyone. So I ran.

I kept running until I eventually reached the boat house at the bottom of the long staircase where without catching my breath, I screamed so loud, it echoed.

My blood was boiling so I just kept screaming, throwing rocks, kicking, and bashing my arms into the cold wet ground. It wasn't long until tears followed. Having no idea what my uncontrolled emotions were doing, my Ancient Magic rippled off my body, causing giant stones around me to float in midair.

At first, my Ancient Magic was blue as usual but as I told up my wand to the sky and swing it down on the lake, something more cracked inside me. The Ancient Magic changed to a blood-red color similar to that of the repository. Before I could uncontrollably make any more damage, I felt someone restrain me from behind. It was Sebastian.

Holding me down, letting go of my wand, he held me in his arms. "Aurora please..." He pleaded to cause me to stop the magic ripples and to continue crying out in pain.

He did nothing but held me together at that moment. I shouldn't be so surprised that he of all people followed me. He knows this type of grief and what follows. He also knows that with the consequences of his actions, he owes me and Ominis servitude.

All Sebastian did was hold me as I continued crying for what seemed like hours. He was silent but my hunch was he too was angry that I got hurt. He also knew Ominis didn't want to see either of us. Eventually, I collapsed in his arms, the magic returning to the blueish hue.

"Aurora, I've got you..." He whispered to me before helping me stand up. I looked around and saw how destructive my abilities have become. The edges of the rocky sides of the cliffs of Hogwarts became chunky and pieces were missing. I pressed my head into his shoulders.

He then looked up to see almost every student and staff member had left the Great Hall to see what was happening down by the lake shores with concern. 

________________________________________________________________________________

** For this bit,  "Lancelot Leaves" is another one to listen to, for the vibes.**

For the first few nights after the funeral, I couldn't sleep at all. I slept through classes and wandered, not eating much. Sebastian would often find me lingering, expressionless by the courtyard. Insisting that I should eat, he often would bring fruit.

This grief was harder to manage than I had thought. My heart was broken, twice. I don't blame Ominis though. Perhaps he was right, perhaps I am a monster. Just as bad as Sebastian only worse. However, I resisted the temptation for the good of Hogwarts. Would that be enough? Did I do enough? Am I enough?

I suspected Ominis felt guilty about the comment and even tried to interact with me during classes but I ignored him. Why did he suddenly want to make amends? Because I almost died? I don't want an apology based on survivor's guilt. I want something genuine. I even burned his OWLs.  Instead, my attention went to Poppy, Amit, Natty, Sebastian, and Garreth. Our student life went on despite it all. 

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello All! Yes, I do realize this chapter is shorter than most of my others but don't worry, more exciting passionate even emotional chapters will come soon! We will reunite with Ominis. All is not lost! <3 Love usually conquers all. This chapter will end the 5th year of our story & the next few will be time jumps.

- Savthebun09