Deeply, Truthfully

Hello, again my fans! I would like to thank you for the 12 K reads and 520 votes! I cannot express enough how grateful I am that so many of you enjoy this story and my take on Ominis Gaunt. Hogwarts Legacy is such a good game despite missing out on the obvious companion and romance storylines.

I apologize again for the slower-than-usual updates, currently, my schedule will be wonky because for the first week of April, I will be busy with IRL stuff. Another chapter will be published following this one,  Easter themed of course! :)

- Savthebun09

________________________________________________________________________________

From making a full recovery as well as getting caught up with the few classes I have this term, I wanted to go back to my roots of sneaking about. As it was the middle of the night, I decided out of sheer boredom to transfigure things in the Undercroft with my new spell crafts.

After pacing down with light footsteps in the DADA hallway, I turned to the corner where the clock door entrance was. I entered as soon as I waved my wand thinking the room would be unoccupied.

Slowly walking through the short dark cozy corridor and towards to iron door, you froze. It was Ominis. He was shirtless, covered in bruises and cuts. I covered my mouth in shock. Merlin, I haven't seen Ominis in a week. Did he get himself in trouble, again?

He began to attempt to tend to his wounds but from wincing in pain, he dropped a small vial on the floor. After quietly entering, I reached to pick up the vial and place it on the dusty crate. Ominis jumped a bit from my presence.

"Sebastian? Have you finally come to your senses-" Before he continues I angrily cut him off with worry. "Where have you been?" His pale eyes widened with fear as he realized who was in the Undercroft with him. His mouth opened to answer but shut suddenly.

"Ominis... I don't even know where to begin to ask you- IS THAT A DEEP CUT IN YOUR SHOULDER?" My hand glazed over it and noticed the small knife covered in blood on the crate.

"Aurora...don't. I don't want to go into it." He grumbled a bit before reaching for another vial. I swatted his hand away. Oh no, you don't. I need bloody answers.

"Aurora, I need those vials. Just let me take care of things." His tone was patient as he hissed at his own painful wounds everything he moved.

I grabbed the vials away which caused him to become frustrated. In my mind, I wanted to Arresto Momentum him for being so secretive. "Aurora! Give me the bloody vials!" He shouted before getting up.

Instead of answering, I immediately shoved him back down to sit and then poured all the vials all over his bare skin, causing him to bite his lip, internally screaming in pain. "BLOODY...HELL.." He hissed. I gently massaged each of the healing ointments into his skin. His breathing became less chaotically unhinged and slowly was steady. The massaging immediately caused him to relax and fold as my fingers dug into the knots all over his body. Was he always this tense?

I step away from him and wipe my hands on an old dirty piece of cloth. The silence between us was deafening. "Well, since you are no longer a mess, I'll be on my way then." I abruptly state, turning my heels to the exit. As I reach to open the door locks on me.

"Aurora...wait." I heard. "I'm sorry. I do...owe you an explanation." He was hesitant and unsure of where to begin but he had to come clean.

"I haven't been living with my family at all. After 5th year, out of fear, I hid from them like some coward. I couldn't bare to deal with them threatening you." I nodded silently while waving my wand to transfigure crates into a bed since it was beyond midnight now. I grabbed Ominis's hand, guiding him towards the bed for a more comfortable area to talk.