Their Last Few Days Alone

It was 9 am when Jude's alarm went off. His eyes shot open, and he looked at his phone to turn it off before turning around to face Jenna. He wrapped his arms around her, "Good morning: he said kissing her neck. "Mhmhm." Jenna was still half asleep as she had been struggling to get proper sleep from about 6 months along. "How many days left until the little one comes?" He asked. "Like 2-3 days." She replied, wanting to go back to sleep. "Well, if it's T minus 3-2 days before the baby comes, then we need to maximise our time as 2 before we become 3." Jude said, kissing her again before getting out of bed. "Or, we can maximise our sleep before the baby comes as we won't have a lot of that when they do come." Jenna replied, stuffing her head into the pillow. Jude looked down at her. "Well, I think that we will have more fun if we are up and about, now what do you want for breakfast? You can stay in bed until it's made, and then I will come and help you out of bed." Jude stated. "Cooked breakfast." She replied, hoping that he would leave so that she could sleep. Jude nodded, kissed her head, and went to the kitchen.

Jude got out the eggs, bacon, sausages, beans, tomatoes, and mushrooms, and then started to cook them. After 15 minutes, he had finished cooking and served up. Since he knew the task of getting Jenna out of bed would be a long one, he put the two plates of food in the Bain Marie to keep it warm. He walked into the bedroom and went to Jenna's side of the bed. "Hey, wake up, breakfast is ready." He shook her lightly. "60 more minutes." She said, rolling onto her other side. "No, it's time to get up." He shook her again. She rolled over to face him and opened her eyes. "Good morning," Jude said, giving her a kiss before helping her to sit up. "Good morning." Jenna replied. "Do you need help up?" He asked her as he got up to get her robe. "Is the Pope Catholic?" She replied. Jude smiled as he took her hand and put his arm around her back to help her out of bed. "Thanks." She smiled. "No need to thank me, I'm your boyfriend, it's my job." He smiled and helped her to put her robe on. Once done, they went out to the kitchen and started to eat breakfast.

"This is really good." Jenna exclaimed with a mouth full of food. "Thanks." Jude smiled, "So what do you have planned for today?" Jenna asked while finishing off her breakfast. "Well, I thought that we could watch a movie, have a little slow dance in the living room, just a chill dag in, then later on we can go out for dinner, go for a walk after that, and possibly fit a nap in if you want?" Jude replied. He then got up, took both of their empty plates and put them in the dishwasher. "Sounds lovely." She smiled. Jude walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her, and kissed her cheek. "I love you." Jude said as his words were muffled by her hair. "I love you too." She replied. Jude pulled away from the hug, helped her off her seat, and kissed her. They pulled away and put their foreheads together. "I can't wait to start this new chapter with you." Jenna said, tearing up. Jude wiped away her tears with his thumbs. "Me too." Jude replied. He held her face with his hands as they kissed, and after a while, they pulled away.

Jude and Jenna went to their room and got dressed for the day. It had been a much cooler summer day than the days that had been before it, only reaching a top of 20⁰C. Jude chucked on some cream basketball shorts, a cream essentials t-shirt with a matching hoodie, and some white Nike crew socks. Jenna opted for a similar outfit, but rather than basketball shorts, wore maternity bike shorts instead. Once dressed, they made their way to the living room and sat down on the couch. "What do you want to watch?" Jude asked Jenna as he turned the TV on. "Um, I don't mind, whatever you want to watch." She replied. Jude nodded and put on black panther. Jenna snuggled into Jude. He put his arm around her as they started to watch the film. Halfway through, Jenna had fallen asleep, so Jude got up, moving a pillow into his place so that she wouldn't wake up. He then made his way to his room, grabbed the large fluffy blanket from the wardrobe, and made his way back to the living room. He threw the blanket over Jenna, making sure to keep her head uncovered. He then took his spot back, fixed the blanket around them, put his arm around Jenna, and went to sleep. As much as he didn't want to sleep or admit Jenna was right about needing more sleep, Jude knew that once the baby had come, sleep would be a rarity, but he also knew that being pregnant significantly impacted Jennas' sleep. She was only able to sleep on her sides, and the baby constantly kicking made her uncomfortable.