Met Gala Madness

Jenna may have been 7 months pregnant, but there was no way on Gods green earth that she was going to miss the Met gala. She loved everything about it, and after her first appearance, she wanted to make sure she went back every year. Since Anna Wintour provided Jude with an invitation and he was free to go, himself and Jenna decided that it was the perfect event for them to make their red carpet debut as a couple. The theme for the year was Happily Ever After: Fairytale Frame of Mind. They also found that it would be a good time to go back to the states a week early to spend time with Jennas family as the last couple of months for them had been hectic to say the least.

Jude and Jenna found themselves in their room on a friday morning packing for their trip abroad. "What should I pack clothing wise, like whats it like at this time of year over there?" Jude asked Jenna as he looked into his wardrobe. "Well for California I would pack any of your summer clothes and what I mean by summer is shorts and t shirts, mabye a few pants but its gonna be warm. In terms of New York, what you would wear normally, so pants, a hoodies and whatever else." Jenna said as she came and stood next to him. Jude nodded and started to grab clothes from his wardrobe. "Oh, and by the way, I got our outfits for the Met sent to diors house for our final fitting and then they will sent to the hotel, and they will have them in our rooms when we arrive incase you were wondering." Jenna then told him. "Ok, cool. I honestly dont know what to do, like, do I just stand there and walk up the stairs slowly?" Jude asked, he was nervous, especially since it was such a prestigious event. "Well were arriving together so we will get photos taken together, just pose..." then jude started to do stupid poses. Jenna laughed. "Not in a stupid way, you know how to pose. Anyway, then we walk up the stairs, still having to pose but im gonna need your help when it comes to walking up the stairs." Jenna continued. "Of course." Jude nodded and laughed. "Then when we make it to the top, we pose like one more time, and then might be asked to wait in line to do an interveiw for Vouge, so we'll do that, then we enter the gallery. Which means we have a look around the exhibition for a while, then we go to dinner, that is were unfortunatly we have to part ways." Jenna explained. "Why?" Jude was confused as he wanted to be with her the whole time and make sure she was ok. "Well Anna never seats partners together, so yeah, she wants us to meet new people and be social, but it will only be short. Then there are performances so we can make our way back to eachother again, and then once that is done, we can go to the bathrooms and take a mirror selfie because that is a must. Then go back to the hotel, and get changed into our afterparty looks. We will be there for like 3 hours tops, it usually ends around midnight so we can leave beforehand." Jenna finished. "So, are they with our Met looks aswell?" Jude asked. Jenna nodded as she started to zip up her suitcase. "And how do we get to the afterparty?" Jude askes as he starts to fold his clothes. Jenna walks over to help. "I can call our van and they will come and get us, its not to far." Jenna placed one of his shirts into is bag. "How long do you want to stay at the afterparty for?" Jude then asked. "Um, well mabye like and hour or two?" she suggested. Jude nodded as he place his final items in his bag. He zipped up the bag and placed it next to hers. "We have 3 hours until I want to head for the airport. What do you want to do?" Jude then asked her as he looked at the time on his phone. "I just want to rest, Im so tired and my back aches." Jenna said as she shuffeled onto the bed. "Ok, well you do that, im going to do a quick tidy of the house." Jude said as he walked away. "Why, stay with me." Jenna whined. "Because I like coming home to a nice clean house after travelling for ages." Jude smiled. "Fine." Jenna said as she pulled out her phone. Jude cleaned for an hour, making sure everything was perfect, he then got their passports and carry-ons, put them in their car. He walked back into their room to get the suitcases to put in the car, as he walked in he saw Jenna fast asleep. Jude smiled to himself before taking their bags and puting them in the car. Jude walked back into their room a few minutes later, he got onto the bed next to Jenna and wrapped his arms around her waist which made her wake up. "Hey." Jenna said as she rolled over to face Jude. Jude kissed her for a while before he pulled away. "Im well excited to meet your family properly and see your home." Jude smiled. "Well im glad, but my home is where you two are now." Jenna said as she pulled Jude in again for a kiss. After a while, Jude pulled away, deciding that he wanted to give the baby a kiss, he shuffled lower and kissed Jennas bump before sitting back up. "Are you ok? You have seemed really nervous all day." Jenna then said as she wrapped her arm around him. "Mhm, why?" Jude tried to hide his nerves from her. "Ok, that was not at all sincere, whats going on?" she faced him sternly. "I dunno? I just think its a combonation of thing like." Jude said as he rested his head on hers. "Like?" Jenna questioned. "I dunno, meeting the rest of your family, going to the Met Gala, backlash that I will recive for going even though I am injured and I have had clearence." Jude rubbed his hands down his face befor getting up. "It doesn't matter though." Jude went to walk into the bathroom. "Jude, of course it matters, come back." Jennas voice was filled with concern. Jude nodded and went to sit back down next to Jenna. "How about we break it down, and sort it out becuase this stress is only going to make your head feel worse." Jude nodded. "Now, start with my family, why are you nervous to meet them?" Jenna asked as she took his hand. "Well, I only met your parents and at first they wernt thrilled about the situation, so what is the rest of your family thinking? What are they going to think of me?" Jude said with concern. "Well firstly, my parents love you, they are so happy that you are my boyfriend, and as for the rest of my family, they are thrilled to add another to the bunch, plus, all of them love football, and watch you often so yeah, you already have something in common. Oh but please, do not start an argument with them about whether its soccer or football, i cant be dealing with that." Jenna told him. Jude nodded feeling assured. "Ok, what next, the Met, well as I said before you just need to follow my lead and you will be fine, as much as I hate to say it, so many girls throth over you and now the whole of America will be obsessed with you, I understand that your nervous because I was nervous before my first Met, but its going to be ok, we are going to look so good, no doubt about it." Jenna smiled. Jude squeazed her hand and smiled back. "As for backlash, everyone saw what happened, and your manager told you to take all the time that you need off, I honestly think its in the best interest of your health that you go on this trip, mabye after you will feel a lot more comfortable in going back to training." Jenna finished. "Thanks, I love you." Jude smiled at her. "I love you too." Jude kissed Jenna for a while, he eventually pulled away. "We should probobly head to the airport now." Jude said looking at the time on his phone. Jenna nodded. "Its all going to be ok." She squeazed his hand before he helped her off the bed. They had already changed into sweats earlier and were ready to go.