zero ཾ burn your sorrows away

ZERO
BRUN YOUR SORROWS AWAY

     HEAVY PANTS FILLED THE AIR

     HEAVY PANTS FILLED THE AIR. Blood clouded her vision as she leaned over, and slumped in the chair. The blood was warm as it was thick and took its time to dwindle down her forehead. Beads of sweat fell from the base of her neck and hairline that mixed with the blood that created a crimson landscape over her irises. Blinking rapidly, the sheer blanket of blood that obscured her vision disappeared and she looked up towards her attackers.

Her eyes gleamed with anger and vengeance as her eyes turned to slits, a scowl written on her lips. Behind Verena's hardened eyes, she could already imagine the pleas of mercy that would soon escape the lips of her attackers. A sinister smile spread its way onto Verena's lips as she planned the murders. "Are you done?" Verena seethed, her head pounding as blood dribbled from the cut on her lip and cheek.

Regan, the man that made a deal with Verena, paced back and forth and ran his hands through this thinning, salt-and pepper-hair. After a large exhale that was filled with anxiety, he spoke. "What do you want me to say, Verena? I didn't mean to spend the money and let my men go to work on you. What can I do?"

"You can start by taking these off," she snapped, moving her wrists that were tied to the wooden chair that she had been restrained to. Her wrists were bound tightly with a rope that chaffed across her frail skin causing blood and torn skin to fall around her wrists.

Reagan gave a sharp nod to the two of his men. Cautiously, they approached Verena and began to cut away the thick ropes. The entire time, the two cowering boys ignored the penetrating glare of death that Verena gave them. "What else are you gonna do? Keep me here? What do you need? " Verena questioned as she rubbed the skin around her hands.

"I need you to make sure your boy doesn't find out about this," Regan said with desperation. Verena smiled, nodding and let her head fall.

"He answers to me," she replied, placing her elbows on her knees as she leaned forward. It was a mistake all men made, thinking that Kaz Brekker, the Bastard of the Barrel, was the biggest problem they had when they got in bed with the Silver Crow.  "You have my word."

"Okay," Reagan nodded, gnawing on his thumbnail as continued to pace back and forth. "You know, I never meant to spend your money."

"I get it, I do. You think I didn't do some stupid shit like that?" Verena pondered, the gears in her head turning as her plan came into focus. "And for your boys, get them in line. Discipline them, cut off a fucking finger or something."

"Yeah, yeah. You got it,"  Verena stood up at Reagan's words and began walking towards the door in the small room she had been captured in. Suddenly, she stopped, feet away from the door.

Smiling sinisterly, Verena spoke. "You know, men always think that Dirtyhands is their biggest worry when it comes to the Silver Crow, but they're wrong," she spoke, Verena turned on her heel and began to walk towards Reagan.